Setting yourself scary challenges

Korrigan

OK...so a work colleague has proposed a group of us do the Mountain Trail Challenge in September. That's 5 months from now.

Mountain Trail Challenge

Twenty miles across the Brecon Beacons including the summit of Pen y Fan. :eek:

I am gloriously unfit but used to do a lot of this many, many years back. I want to do it and I think setting myself this challenge/goal and announcing it to all and sundry might give me the oomph I need to improve my fitness and lose weight as an aside.

I am absolutely terrified at the mere thought - atm I'm too scared to go swimming in case other swimmers point and laugh at the fat lady. :eek: Hopefully the thought I might not get winched off Pen y Fan because I'm too fat for the rescue helicopter might motivate me as well. :D

Anyone else thinking of setting themselves a challenge?

me! i decided i wanted to 'learn to run' to keep fit......so have signed up for a half marathon at the end of september!

must admit im looking at your link and im sooooooooo jealous!! it looks great...my hubby would love that too.

luverick - I like the mental "switch off" of running. Like swimming imo. Sadly I don't have the boobs to run any more. :D My daughter is mid silver DofE and keen to join me so added pressure!

acc - looking at your "won't be fat at 50" sig - I turned 48 on Easter Sunday. :eek:

OK...so a work colleague has proposed a group of us do the Mountain Trail Challenge in September. That's 5 months from now.

Mountain Trail Challenge

Twenty miles across the Brecon Beacons including the summit of Pen y Fan. :eek:

I am gloriously unfit but used to do a lot of this many, many years back. I want to do it and I think setting myself this challenge/goal and announcing it to all and sundry might give me the oomph I need to improve my fitness and lose weight as an aside.

I am absolutely terrified at the mere thought - atm I'm too scared to go swimming in case other swimmers point and laugh at the fat lady. :eek: Hopefully the thought I might not get winched off Pen y Fan because I'm too fat for the rescue helicopter might motivate me as well. :D

Anyone else thinking of setting themselves a challenge?

Good on you, I've tried to do a challenge each year since I turned 40.
So far have learnet to ride a motorbike (now own a 650cc suzuki)
lost weight
this year I have signed up for a half marathon in October, I have never been a runner but can now run 6 miles in one go (Idid the sports relief mile in march).

So I think its good to set yoursefl challenges if thats what motivates you then it will work.

I've been on holiday this past week but back to the office and routine on Monday ~ this week has been a tough one food-wise (Easter and my birthday) and tonight will be no easier as brother and sister-in-law are cooking me a belated birthday meal which will undoubtedly include far too much wine. :eek:

I know I've gained some but only a couple of pound - no other time off work planned now until late August so it'll be heads down to September!

Back