Shopping list of essentials

vjud

Hi everyone, I joined slimming world today and am trying to get to grips with the plans.
I think I'm going to stick to red and green days as I don't think i'm disciplined enough for the new plan.

I was wondering what everyone's shopping list of essentials would be to give me some ideas of what I should be buying- it may also be useful/ inspirational for others to see what people buy.

Vicky
x

Frylight and some kind of sweetener (Splenda or some such thing) is essential and you just can't do SW without it.

Lots of fresh fruit and veg around to snack on, fat free yogurts and light laughing cow cheese wedges (good to change for spreads), and although I'm not a big fan, lots of people have scan bran/weetabix for recipes.

Ryvita, alpen lights, bran flakes/high fibre cereal for healthy extra B.

I normally have super low fat sausages along with frozen veg in the freezer, and vegetables like carrots, onions and leeks in the fridge so I can make quick vegetable soups. Chopped tomatoes, passata, tinned tuna, kidney beans, baked beans, low fat supernoodles and pasta and sauces are in the cupboards.

I'm hungry now!

is porridge a good breakkie on SW. i find that i cant get through a day at work without it?

Porrige is a good breakfast on SW (28g is a HexB) it's a slow release energy too so should keep you fuller for longer :D

I only do red days although I will occasionally throw in an extra easy day) My essential foods are:

Bacon, Eggs, Mullerlight Yogurts, Chicken, WW Malted Danish Bread, Cooked Ham, plenty of veg and salad, Laughing Cow Extra Light cheese, skimmed milk.

I'd say that they form the basis of my weekly shop.

Good luck with the plan

I have to say my essentials would be;

Baked beans / Spaghetti - also useful for the cupboard.
Laughing cow extra light triangles
Ryvita
Strawberries / grapes
No added sugar squash
diet coke!

I always tend to have these things in.

Good luck with the plan.

k xx

Yum!! thank you so much for the ideas, i'm collecting together a nice little list to get me started.
Im a big fan of home cooking, but I was always the one to leave in the fat/ use the juices for gravy etc, so i'm looking for ways to make my meals flavoursome without all the rubbish.
Ive got two kids so my lunch is always just grabbing something quick, or even just snacking on rubbish during the day, I would then make a meal for the family on the evening.
I love my slow cooker so am also looking to adapt my usual meals to sw versions.

COFFEE!

I do Mix2Max, mainly red meals with the odd green thrown in, my usual list is:

Bakery

nimble bread
pitta bread

Dairy

butter
vlf yogs
vlf cottage cheese
mini cheese portions
semi milk
eggs

Tins packets and jars

tin ravioli
2 tins curried beans
tin heinz smokey beans
mango chutney
helmans extra light
marmite
marmalade

Ready meals/meat/fish

fresh salmon
chicken breasts
asda fish pie
king prawn kebabs
shell on prawns
asda spanish chicken - go cook range
Gammon

Fruit/veg

medjool dates
grapes
melon
strawberries
bananas

potatoes
carrots
broccoli
salad stuffs
beetroot
frozen peas

Misc

splenda
sugar free drinks
fruit teas

Im a big fan of home cooking, but I was always the one to leave in the fat/ use the juices for gravy etc, so i'm looking for ways to make my meals flavoursome without all the rubbish.
Nothing wrong with meat juices as long as all fat is removed.

I usually pour all the juices into a glass and put it in the freezer while the meat is resting. After about 15 minutes the fat has solidified on top and can be removed easily, leaving all the yummy juices-
I should have been born during rationing- I never throw any tasty bits away:D
xxxxx

pasta n sauces and mug shots were my saviours on green days.

Also pasta and dried spaghetti, quorn mince is good on a green day if you fancy bolognese or chilli.

I can't do without coleslaw or potato salad, so I make my own using very low fat fromage frais. It's just as tasty as shop bought stuff but syn free, although potato salad is only free on Green.

Thanks again for the replies, im starting to get the hang of it, though ive only had one green day as i get a bit stuck there lol.
I have discovered a love for pickled beetroot and have been making beetroot salad to snack on.

I have discovered a love for pickled beetroot and have been making beetroot salad to snack on.
Oh, God! I LOVE pickled beetroot. I once ate so much I peed pink the next day (quite worrying until I realised what it was!)
I also love pickled onions but have to eat them when home alone as I smell like monster munch afterwards!
:D

Back