Should I or Shouldn't I?

Marti

Let's attack this fat!
Hi Everyone,

I've registered myself on Minimins.com after reading everyone's fab postings!

I gave birth to my daughter in July 2005 where I tipped the scales at 21 stone! Since then I have managed to loose 8 Stone (Currently maintaining 7 of it!) on various diets (Weight Watchers, Atkins, Watercress Soup & Crunchy Nut Cornflakes!)

I am desperate to loose another 3 & half stone and have been inspired by everyone's success but am unsure if LT would suit my lifestyle - How do you cope when you still have to cook for husbands & kids?

Thanks for reading my posting,

Marti x

Hi Marti, I also have to cook for H2B and the 3 children. I'm into wk 5 now but for the first few days I cooked foods that I wasn't very fond of. I also kept a bottle of water beside me to keep me from picking at food. To be honest, when I cook now I like the look of the food and I like the smell of it but by no means am I tempted after coming this far !! If you've managed to lose 8 stone u must have willpower and thats whats most required on this programme. Have faith in yourself - You might just be surprised !

I divorced, it made the diet much easier;)x

Thanks for your reply 'NOVICE' - I do have some will power when I put my mind to it but it has taken me nearly 3 years to loose 8 stone which is a really long time as I find I am easily distracted by almost anything!
I have my appointment next week at the Pharmacy and have been doing loads of research - hearing all the great successes on here has really inspired me & well done to you 20lbs in 4 weeks is amazing! x

Awe thanks Marti !
Losing 8stone I'm sure is very difficult. But don't dwell on the fact it took you 3 yrs, the most important thing is that you've managed to keep it off !
I would suggest that if you are serious about starting LT that it may be a good idea to cut down on your carb intake now ! I know we all like to have the 'last supper' before the big weigh in but honestly, you wont be doing yourself any favours by feeling v full one day and then v hungry for the next few days.
If you want to lose rapid weight and have willpower then I would recommend LT.
Its so encouraging when people notice the weight I've lost and I now actually look forward to clothes shopping!
Dont be afraid to ask others for help either. There is always somebody here to talk to and I'm sure you're husband (if he's not like mine) will give you plenty of support if you ask.
The best of luck with it. After the first weigh in you will be sorry you didnt start sooner ( just like me)

Back