Side Effects

firechill

I am sure most of us have read up that being in Keytosis isnt good for our bodies but under controlled situations it can be done but what I want to know and what my chemist didnt tell me, is what dangerous side effects do we need to look out for and what to do when we experience them?

I experience dizziness a little bit, im guessing for low blood pressure (never had lbp before, or high for that matter) but its not bad enough to worry about!!
The only other thing is your toilet habits, although thats not directly ketosis related.... people tend to go one way or the other with it.

The diet is fab and although the first few days are grim with mood swings and lack of energy you will feel fab once you are in ketosis!!!

Vlcds mean we are asking our bodies to function on very few calories. It takes a week or two to get used to the reduced intake. Getting up too quickly may make you dizzy. So get up more slowly. Energy levels may be poor initially but will improve.
Constipation is a nasty side effect. On TFR there is no solids going into the digestive system so it is important to take a fibre supplement everyday. Occasionally you will still get constipated so take a laxative such as dulcolax or it's equivalent.
The benefits of losing health endangering weight far outweigh the side effects of a correctly followed vlcd IMHO.
Lots of luck.

Back