Skin reaction to the sunshine!

I used to get a rash in the sun. Wasn't sure if it was a sun allergy or a sun cream allergy (I have skin allergies to lots of other things anyway) but I changed to hypo-allergenic or dermatologically tested suncreams (tend to be the kids ones with a high factor) and I don't really get it much anymore at all. I also avoid the sun because I burn really easily so I'm pale and interesting as my mum says.

The things I find that help my rashes in general is E45 (which the doctor told me to use) or anthisan (if it's localised). I have a friend who swears by sudocrem.

Also try a different anti-histamine. There are two types, and different ones can work better for different people (and at different times of the year).

Hope that helps - it's rubbish when you're covered in a rash.

Last edited:
I used to suffer terribly to the point whilst on holiday i had to have the doctor come to sort me out with an injection (couldnt tell you what it was but it left my right lower side of my body numb as it went into my system which i was told would happen by the doctor) helped to settle it but had to stay in shade the rest of my holiday :(

Anyway he said it could have been a plant allergy or sun allergy.......a million possibilities.

So i tried a few suggestions in time for my holiday last year to try curb this happening again as i was off to egypt in the middle of last august. I took:

1x one a day piriton for 3 weeks religously before my holiday

and.... tried to get hold of NON water resistant suncream (which i couldnt find anywhere including the internet, anyone who can i would love to know where you get it!).... Anyway i tried piz buin (allergy or sensitive not sure which its called) and also took nivea kids suncream as i thought of how sensitive their skin is.

The suggestion of non-water resistant suncream was because i was told that alot of people suffer because your sweat glands/pores (whichever one haha) are covered by this water resistant suncream and therefore cant 'breathe' properly and so your 'sweat' is trapped between your skin and the layer of suncream.

Anyway i used these suggestions on holiday and i can safely say i didnt suffer at all with prickly heat and i enjoyed my holiday thankfully.

X

i forgot to take the allergy tabs so only started today :( hope they help a bit as i have only nine days to go eeekkkk

Ali* it does sound like prickly heat to me. I used to suffer badly with this, the prickling used to make me jump (if that makes sense) it was like someone sticking me with little pins!

It doesn't really happen in this country or in Northern Europe for me, but if I go anywhere hotter then I will suffer unless I take an antihistamine tablet once a day on holiday and for 2 weeks before. Also I use a sun spray for sensitive skin, try Avon or Ambre Solair and I always make sure I use 30+. I can't get on with any sun creams at all.

The other solution is to cover up!

To ease it I used aloe vera gel and I used to keep it in the fridge. So soothing!!

Back