Slim at 60

Hi all I chose Tumbledown as I am hoping that reflects my journey with the scales! Started Exante last Monday and although it’s been a good week I know I need to find ways to keep myself motivated along the way so loving reading some of your threads already. I am staring down the barrel of my 60th birthday in 6 weeks time and know I want to spend that year and the rest of my life looking and feeling as good as I can. Last Sunday I weighed in at 13st 9 and today it’s 13st 4 so whilst I know I would like a miracle I can’t be unhappy with that start . Aiming for 10 st eventually and certainly getting near to 12 before the big bday.
Reasons for doing it
Scared as hell about getting old and immobile
I realise I have spent 30 years yo yoing and ‘starting again’ such a waste of my life.
Half the people I know now have never know the slim confident person I once was- can’t wait to see the reaction to the shrinking bod
I have a mountain of pintest images showing clothes I will wear when I reach my goal. I haven’t shopped for fun in years and can’t remember what it feels like to walk in to a shop and know anything I choose will look good
Good luck and strong will to everyone
Sw 13 st 9. Cw 13st 4. Gw 10 st

TumbleDown! Fabulous name. I'm 60 in April ...and was creaking and getting slow. Already I am moving better. I think it is fantastic to get really clear about how you will live and what you will wear when you are yr new (or rather old) slinky self. Welcome to Minimins!

Thanks Aligal you’ve done brilliantly so far looking at the stats. Loving the decluttering. I spent the day putting away the summer clothes I got out in April and didn’t wear this year .Again! Am hoping that by the time they see the light of day again they will be heading to the charity shop/ eBay .

That's great. I packed up my too small clothes by size - so will be opening those as I slink into them. I have also charity shopped some items as they weren't things that bring me joy.

I looked for high waisted bootcuts at some supermarkets - no joy so I've been buying jeans at charity shops and also Choice, the outlet store for Next. I like high-waisted bootcuts. I found a size 20 yesterday at Choice and have already got a couple of 18s and a 16. I've also found an awesome belt called a no buckle belt, that attaches to the front belt loops and goes round the back, so keeps the waist in tight - essential for me as I have a smaller waist compared to my but and thighs!

I'm going to get my colours and style done again when I'm at goal ...so not buying anything size 14 or lower.

Back