Slimming aids.. Magic pills..diet pills..what have u tried

bouncybikergirl

Hi ladies :)
So im sitting here eating my omlette and reading the pkt on these slimming aid pills i picked up in a health food shop they are bladderwrack extract

"Bladderwrack Extract - High in iodine that helps to act as a natural diuretic, stimulates the thyroid gland, removes accumulation of fat, decongestant, stimulant and emollient known for softening, soothing and toning properties"

Ive dabbled with adios over the counter and xenical from my gp before ( side effects too much for me) but cant say if they work or not.

Have any of you tried these or others any long term users? - I know theres no magic pill to revoke my cake addict damage but would love to know if Im the only one hoping for a helping hand.

:character00201: :character00201:

Not me! I've done one diet in my life and that was Slimming World. I think many if not all of these over the counter remedies just prey on people who are desperate to lose weight.

Have tried Adios, Hoodia patches and Acti Slim.

What works? A healthy eating plan and exercise....whether it be Sw, Ww or similar

Nearly forgot - I was also taken in by Sam Fox and the Bailin tea scam of the 80's!!!!!

Have tried Adios, Hoodia patches and Acti Slim.

What works? A healthy eating plan and exercise....whether it be Sw, Ww or similar

Nearly forgot - I was also taken in by Sam Fox and the Bailin tea scam of the 80's!!!!!

lol Ive had some chinese slimming tea before.. it could strip walls. but not fat it seams :D
Being desperate to lose weight Id give anything a go apart from eating less lol :D

I remember my mum having something in the 70's - I think they were called AIDS and were like toffees - I used to pinch them

no-one I know has ever heard of them, and I daren't ask my mum as I'd have to fess up to having taken them

but otherwise, no, I haven't taken any weird supplements / pills to boost weight loss

I remember my mum having something in the 70's - I think they were called AIDS and were like toffees - I used to pinch them

no-one I know has ever heard of them, and I daren't ask my mum as I'd have to fess up to having taken them

I remember seeing that in Boots. It was called Ayds and looked like fudge lol Have a look on google images and it will all come back to you :)

lol Ive had some chinese slimming tea before.. it could strip walls. but not fat it seams :D
Being desperate to lose weight Id give anything a go apart from eating less lol :D

Even though that made me laugh,and thank you for that, you have hit the nail on the .Diet or a new eating and exercise regime is the only answer.
So do yourself a great favour and save your money, these diet *aids* are always expensive. Put the money to your first size smaller jeans.

I remember seeing that in Boots. It was called Ayds and looked like fudge lol Have a look on google images and it will all come back to you :)

Me, me too . I remember them......I tried them. They tasted lovely and did precisely nothing.

25644347_4363975c20.jpg

I grew up in "The Valley of the Dolls " era and took amphetamines, on prescription from my family G.P for years.........purple hearts, black bombers etc. When I see the side effects listed I am glad to have survived it. I worked for an airline and had to stay in my uniform. Thank goodness so much more is now known about weight management.

Long may SW be my long term way of lfe.

I have tried xenical and adios. With adios i think it was more the water that you have to drink that was making me full and with xenical i couldnt eat things like salmon without reacting so turned to sw x

hahah the xenical effect should come with a pack of adult nappies :D

I tried Adios when I was about 13 or something, nuthin, it did nuthin.!

Now I take green tea capsules. They say green tea is good for you, and I cant stand the taste of the stuff, even if its a placebo, it makes me feel better when I take it..!

:)

i really want to try the acai berry tablets, holland and barrat do some with green tea mixed in. next time i am in town i am going to get some. i read the other day that green tea targets fat particularly around the tummy area x

nettie - whatever you try dont fall for the acai and colon cleanse free trial scam that I did - got stung for £270!!!!!!! And nothing I could do about it - didnt even get my free trial of acai!!!!

nettie - whatever you try dont fall for the acai and colon cleanse free trial scam that I did - got stung for £270!!!!!!! And nothing I could do about it - didnt even get my free trial of acai!!!!
i saw this online ages ago, i didnt trust it at all but thanks for the warning. did they just take the money from your bank? thats a very big sting! :mad:

Was on my credit card. Was off work with a bad back, bored and surfing the net. The woman that sits next to me at work got done at the same time too. I've just written it off as an expensive lesson learnt - my poor workmate is 65 and struggling to put it behind her

I've tried Hoodia, Adios, Slim Shots, EPH stack, pure Ephedrine, Alli, Green Tea Tablets, Sea Kelp Tablets, Acai tablets, Slimming Tea, Slim Fast, and many other own brand/no name 'metabolism boosters', 'Fat binders' etc - the lot! Probably loads more I can't remember, before I finally accepted the fact that they are all a load of rubbish :D

hiya, just to add to this, my bf does bodybuilding and has told be bout pills the bodybuilders use to get rid of fat, now im not sure if any are safe or legal so I apologise as I really dont know much about them, theres ones that raise your body temp so you burn fat away, ones that raise your heart to fat burning pace, and ones to stimulate the thyroid hormones and that burns more fat, and they actually arent expensive to get hold of, but they sound really scary and like they might kill you..
The bf reckons they are safe in moderation, and you really dont need to take many to see effects, I trust he wouldnt suggest things if he didnt believe they were safe(ish..) but he might be being naive.

meoww said:
hiya, just to add to this, my bf does bodybuilding and has told be bout pills the bodybuilders use to get rid of fat, now im not sure if any are safe or legal so I apologise as I really dont know much about them, theres ones that raise your body temp so you burn fat away, ones that raise your heart to fat burning pace, and ones to stimulate the thyroid hormones and that burns more fat, and they actually arent expensive to get hold of, but they sound really scary and like they might kill you..
The bf reckons they are safe in moderation, and you really dont need to take many to see effects, I trust he wouldnt suggest things if he didnt believe they were safe(ish..) but he might be being naive.

Alot of the guys I work with take these-I work in security!!! They ritually start going to the gym, then have a 2/3 week period where they 'strip down' and seem to eat nothing but chicken and salad and take these weird tablets called 'grenade' which don't appear to do anything but cost a fortune!
It's a dangerous game to play-I once fell into the trap of taking Ephies when I did a lot of door work, as I never had time to sleep and red bull etc didn't do anything! They are meant to supress your appetite too but they didn't and made me feel awful! I think its part of the reason I don't sleep now properly!
I've found the only way for me to lose weight and stay happy is by following SW :) x

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Back