Slimming to buy that size 12 wedding dress! :)

officiallygem

Hi All!

I'm Gem, 29 from Midlands. Currently slimming down for general health and feeling better but also have the fantastic push of wanting to look amazing on my big day :p

I have been trying to lose weight for a while now, having put 8 stone on in the last 8 years :eek: I'm looking to be a size 12 for my wedding and ultimately make it back down to a size 10. Currently a size 18/20.
I am getting married in 2018 so plenty of time to shed the pounds! We are leaving it so long as we are getting married in New York and want to give family time to save if they want to come, but I must admit the time to slim down is a huge bonus too!

I started SW April last year and lost 7 lbs but couldn't stick it out. I'm a bit cynical and just find the groups a bit too 'cheerleadery'. I then hit a bad patch with health and just gave up to be honest, but I got my 'all clear' health wise this month so am back on it! I was pretty happy to discover I had not put my SW 7lbs back on and had maintained up to early Jan. I have managed to lose a further 6lbs since then too, so up to 13lbs off now.

Decided to do this myself this time as didn't feel SW was for me.
Planning on calorie counting using MFP but am currently on Forever Livings C9 to hopefully get a headstart and much needed confidence boost. On day 2 of the cleanse now and feeling pretty good :rolleyes:

My weigh in day will ultimately be a Sunday but I have to weigh myself on Days 1, 3, 6 & 9 of the C9 so I will be a bit all over the place for the next week or so!

Good luck to all others out there!! :D

Hi best motive there can be i lost for my wedding and was pleased i did it (im back again now tho ha ha ) well you have plenty of time to plan and get used to it amazing losses so far so just shows you can do it!

Dont worry if loses are slow or fast just do what suits you there is no limits to cal counting so make sure you don't get bored if you want a end of week treat go for it plan it pick the best yummy option you can fit in then be good after it (if i only took my own advice ha ha ) good luck xxx

Hey Gem I'm also in the Midlands. :) Best of luck. I will follow your journey x

Good Morning!

Thanks for the advise Tink! I am planning on having 1 'cheat meal' a week. Thinking Sunday at the moment as I will have weighed in the morning so will have all week to make it back :D

Thanks Honey!

Day 3 of my cleanse actually fell on Sunday so weighed in and lost 4lbs and 4.5 inches all over :eek: Really shocked but very happy!
I'll be doing my day 6 weigh in on Weds.

Feel really good today and full of energy. Had a good weekend too. OH and I broke with tradition and walked to Morrisons to get some shopping bits. Didn't get too much as had to carry it home ;)
It's only a mile each way but its still a big step for us. We jump in the car everywhere usually but that has come to an end now!

Back to work today and armed with all my bits and bobs and sooo looking forward to my dinner tonight. Making the Hairy Bikers Spanish Bake from their first Hairy Dieters book. Highly recommended!

I won't go into too much detail about the C9 itself in this diary as it isn't technically calorie counting, it really is just my headstart. But if anyone wants to know I'm happy to explain.

Just a mini evening update.

Dinner was amazing but took sooo long to cook so didn't eat until 7pm. Need to try and avoid that.

Full of energy after eating so decided to do some exercise. Been doing my old Angela Griffin DVD as I really enjoy the dances but I find it doesn't really get me out of breath anymore. Bought myself Charlotte Crosbys Belly Blitz as my belly is my main problem area. Wow is it tough!! Only managed half of it and that 20 mins tired me out way more than the whole other DVD.

Now relaxing with a glass of water to watch Broadchurch.

Enjoy your evenings all!

So day 6 done today and lost another 1.5 lbs and 3 inches! Absolutely chuffed! Looking forward to getting back to calorie counting now though.

Chatted to my chap this morning and decided we will weigh in at boots once a week on their scales as he thinks ours are on the fritz. Hope my weigh ins are still accurate though

Hope everyone's having a good week!

Only 2 days left until I can go back to calorie counting! Already planning my dinners :p

Venison steak, homemade sweet potato chips and salad for dinner tonight.

Still waiting for my OH to give me a day of the week he wants to do our weekly weigh in. I'm hoping for Sunday but not sure if he will be so keen.
Worried about 2 things with this. One of them is the time, as I like to weigh first thing and boots does not open until 10am. Hoping this doesn't throw me off too much.
Also worried I will weigh heavier on boots scales as I feel like this will discourage me. I know I will continue with accurate readings from then on but I think knowing I am actually heavier will upset me :(

Ah well we will have to see what happens! Next weigh in should technically be day 9 (last day!) of the cleanse, so Sat. But have decided to hold off until Sun to try and get back into my weekly routine.

Last edited:
hi gem,

welcome to cc'ing and good luck with it!

I always have a treat on weigh day as I figure I have a week to make up for it!

As for scales I think as long as you stick with the same ones at the same time don't be disheartened by the starting number as it's only temporary. .. The key thing to look at is the weekly losses.

I'm sure you'll lose the weight in no time. ...I am well and truly sold on cc'ing after starting and failing a million diets in the past! !!!

Although it seems quiet on the forum compared to sw and ww there are quite a few of us lurking around so I'm sure you'll find plenty of support. .

I'm going to have a look for the belly blitz dvd as that is deffo my least favourite part of my body! !!!

Hello and welcome! Getting married in NYC sounds amazing :) I am one of those people who has tried loads of different diets and I'm amazed at how easy calorie counting is. I've not felt like I've been dieting at all in the past month. I'm sure you will do really well on it.

You've done fab so far, keep it up!

Thanks for all the kind words :)

Last day of my cleanse today and feel pretty fantastic. Couldn't resist and have weighed and lost another 1lb but also now a total of 11.5 inches all over :eek:
No wonder my clothes fit better! Still a long way to go but this has been an amazing headstart and I have my head on now.

Found out my scales actually came with carpet feet so we've figured out the issue and can continue weighing at home too, woohoo!

3 bean and chorizo soup for lunch and chilli con carne on jacket potato for tea tonight.

Off to brave ASDA now (on a Saturday?!) so will be testing my willpower!

I can eat normally again today!

Went all out and made a lean fry up. Lean bacon & fried eggs (both in fry light), grilled mushrooms and beans with a bit of brown sauce - 541 cals

Don't actually need lunch after that either :p

Making homemade 'carbonara' for tea. Will just be bacon lardons, mushrooms, onions all fried in fry light mixed with half fat creme fraiche and tagliatelle - 723 cals

Snack was a cadbury ritz bar - 183 cals

I bet it's nice to get back to normal eating again :)

Yes, so nice. I feel human again! :D

Dinner last night actually didn't end up quite so calorific as I didn't need to use all the creme fraiche, came out at 643 cals in the end. Was nervous as I was just winging the recipe really but it worked quite well. Definitely glad I used smoked bacon lardons as they boosted the flavour. Even had some leftover, so have frozen it to have again :)

Back to work today and have had lean bacon, poached eggs and tinned tomatoes for breakfast from the canteen - 296 cals.

Lunch will be chicken super noodles if I feel hungry but as I've been having decent breakfasts I haven't felt like I've needed lunch. Also probably helps that I have had breakfast later than I normally would.

Dinner will be smoked river cobbler with new pots and veg - 274 cal - May add to this with some parsley sauce if I can get to the shops on the way home.

Snack is 2 fingers of drifter for 260 cals.

I have adjusted my goals on MFP today. I originally had it set to 1lb a week but felt like that was giving me too much so have upped goals to 2lbs a week from today.
This gives me just 1200 cals a day but will spur me on to exercise more to up that allowance :)

Urgh feel pretty rubbish today. Crazy morning at work and haven't had time for breakfast (started at 6am).

Going home shortly so will have some spaghetti on toast with a bit of cheese - 338 cal.

Being lazy and having leftover chilli con carne for dinner which we froze earlier in the week. Will have it with brown rice - 572 cal

Still have over 200 cal free to have a little treat then too :)

Thank you :) It's so yummy, I actually have the kiddies pasta in a small tin. The hello kitty / Thomas the tank engine ones haha.

So I get home from work and my other half has decided to pull cheat meal forward to today, so no chilli.
Having steak burgers on the foreman with fries and salad. Eek. Feel weird as haven't had a cheat meal since before C9 so 2 weeks!

Back on it tomorrow to make it back by Sunday :)

Morning all!

Starting today right and making time for breakfast. Oat so simple with skimmed milk - 268 cal
Haven't decided on lunch yet, will see what I fancy when I get home from work.
Dinner will be the chilli con carne and brown rice I didn't have yesterday!

Really think I need to make sure I am drinking more water. I had to drink 2.5 litres a day on the cleanse and I have gone back to my terrible old habits of not drinking enough again.

I am still here just been busy the past couple of days. Still sticking to calorie counting too :)

Had a dull couple of days just working so nothing major to report. Do have a day off from counting tomorrow as have a busy/valentines day planned.

OH and I are going to view some houses in a village not too far away which is exciting! Then home to watch the rugby and then a nice dinner planned.
Been and grabbed the M&S dine in for 2 deal so having that with a bottle of bubbly whilst watching some Game of Thrones. Nothing smushy romantic as thats not us at all.

Hope everyone has nice/fun weekends planned :D

Sorry if I go a bit quiet on here but OH and I have decided to start the house buying process and its as stressful as they say!!
We weren't really even planning it but just decided to see what was out there and have fallen for a house!!

I am still cc'ing but wont be around as frequently but hopefully when I am back I will have a large loss to report ;)

Back