Slimming world + 1/2 days a week calorie counting

Do you think this could work

I started off doing slimming world again a few weeks ago after success with it a few years back but I've sick gained all the weight back and more. But after a couple of weeks I gave up and went over to calorie counting as I was finding sw quite hard and restrictive this time.

Now sw works well for losses... but here are the struggles I have.

I am hungry on it. As much as you're not meant to be I am. Free foods just don't keep me full. Even the free carbs like pasta and rice will fill me for up to an hour then I'll be hungry again. Speed foods which i had with each meal and as snacks even less. I didn't like eating constantly. I felt too bloated to feel like eating but too hungry to not eat. The only foods that fill me and keep me full are breads and foods on the HeB lists... but I couldn't eat enough of them to satisfy me as tyre obviously restricted. I could have enough of these calorie counting.

I eat out up to twice a week with work. I'm a support worker and we are expected to take the clients out where they want to eat and eat with them. Jacket potatoes get very boring very quickly. But many pubs have a less than 500 cal list.

Ill and picky partner. Won't eat much beyonder his comfort zone, won't eat anything in a sauce except pasta, won't cook anything out of his comfort zone or that he doesn't like. I can't be doing with preparing 2 meals, preparing a separate meal or washing up from 2 meals.

I'm really thinking about going back to slimming world plan back use it works but I'm wondering is it worth it. This is why I'm wondering if 2 call counting days a week may be a good compromise. Thoughts?

I have done this before and it does work. I still do it now when I eat out. No way am I counting 25-40 -+ syns for a pizza less than 1000 calories. So if I eat out I just calorie count or if I'm vacation I do the same then switch back to SW at home.

End of the day food = calories either it's SW or calorie counting for losing weight. Eat less and you will lose weight. So, yes it would work but I wouldn't over eat on calorie counting day. Use MFP (myfitnesspal) or some site to work out calories to lose what you want each week I've 1200/1400 per day and stick to it when you eat out.

Hope that helps? Just my opinion of course and others may disagree ;-)

Does this calorie counting really help. I have the list of the food that is necessary and I can use during my diet and I just choose between them and eat 5 times a day. It won't help after one week because your body is already used to this diet so you need to do workout too.

What I am doing is cal counting, 5:2 and sw ! It's working. Basically I suppose I am cal counting. lol

I also do SW, calorie counting and 5:2! I do the 5:2 because I work 2 nightshifts a week and it's just easier than trying to switch from days to nights and trying to plan meals around working and sleeping! Calorie counting just keeps me in check...I don't worry too much about going over on syns if I'm under on calories. I've lost 3 stone this way. Good luck!

Back