Slimming World as a couple / family = better results?

BigL

My partner decided to join Slimming World for the obvious reason.. to lose weight.
At the time I thought it was a great idea, as she didn't feel comfortable about her weight and wanted to do something about it.
I do the cooking of an evening and said I'd help her... well..

Cooking the evening meal became an absolute nightmare. "I can't have this, not allowed that, need to measure this" etc etc..
It got to a stage where we was having our meals at different times, and doing 2 lots of cooking.

After a few weeks, I decided I'd try Slimming World with her for a while to see how I got on.. 3 months later. we're still doing it together.
I weigh myself from home, and my partner still goes to the weekly weigh-ins.
I eat better and more now, than I did before. Feel so much better for it and we are both losing weight together.

anyway.. get the partner / family involved. So much easier on all sides. :)

Absolutely agree. My DH didn't need to much weight but as I do virtually all the cooking he's happy to eat SW meals rather than having to cook himself. There's very little he doesn't like, the main one being SW white sauce, but I'm not keen either so always use my syns when I make to make a proper one.

He still eats quite a bit of chocolate but I only buy the mini bars so I can have occasionally.

Denise

Defiantly easier, I do all the cooking which works for us. When I used to do separate meals I found I would end up picking at things I'd made for him (eek). So yah, def get the family involve =]

Back