Slimming World Member & Obese Vegan in the house!!!

Catherine.

Hello everyone,

Just a quick note to introduce myself. I've just recently rejoined Slimming World, after 20 years of yo yo dieting. I have been on and off Slimming World many times before but this time I'm using the online membership because it just suits me better and being a little shy I don't like the group aspects or talking to large groups of people every week and stuff like that.

So I started this two days ago, and I'm really impressed with the online membership - it's really quick to add your food and you have the option to do it on any of your devices and it keeps the tallies for you. You can also save your favourites. The only feedback I would give them is the option to be able to save an entire meal to favourites as that would be very useful.

I've noticed the diet has changed a lot over the years. Way back years ago we used to be able to have two B options on the green plan. Also remember things like macaroni cheese canned used to be free but I'm talking 20 years ago here. It was successful for me back then and I did lose 5 and a half stone.

But 4 children later and jobs which mainly left me sat on my backside for the majority of the day, plus lack of willpower and lover food led to me piling it all back on again right up to the grand total of 20 stone.

But I have had a rather Stark warning with regard my health, and so this time I have to get it off no matter what.

I look forward to chatting with some of you and getting some advice here n there.

Oh and happy new year, may 2018 be the year 4 better health, happiness and just a good year in general lol

Catherine

Welcome back Catherine. It has changed alot, for the better in my opinion. I have tried everything in the past, and have lost a certain amount of weight, then i just hit a permanent plateau. I rejoined Slimming World, and my losses have been consistent (apart from holidays etc). I had to hit rock bottom before I made a success of this. The willpower hasn't wavered this time, and there's no going back for me. Plus I have binned all my size 22/24 clothes and just have a wardrobe full of 12's & 14's.

Welcome back Catherine. It has changed alot, for the better in my opinion. I have tried everything in the past, and have lost a certain amount of weight, then i just hit a permanent plateau. I rejoined Slimming World, and my losses have been consistent (apart from holidays etc). I had to hit rock bottom before I made a success of this. The willpower hasn't wavered this time, and there's no going back for me. Plus I have binned all my size 22/24 clothes and just have a wardrobe full of 12's & 14's.

Well done, that is brilliant! How much have you lost in total?

You're right about needing to reach rock bottom. I actually didn't care about my health/weight til my doc told me about a month ago that my diabetes, high blood pressure, and cholesterol was SO bad I had up to ten years to live. I just thought I'd got away with it. I'm only 49.

It's been a very rough ten years for me, losing loved ones (both parents and my sister), ill health, major car crash, disablement, career trashed, it's taken me a long time to get through all that.

I've one son left at home age 20, he's autistic, and I'm doing this for him too. He needs me around ALOT longer than 10 years!

So, I'm in this for the long haul.
There's not a doubt in my head.
I will achieve my goal weight. I absolutely will

(and sorry, didn't intend to give life story. )

X

Welcome Catherine and Happy New Year to you and wishing you success and health in 2018!

On the Extra Easy SP plan you can have one Healthy Extra A choice and two Healthy Extra B.

See on this link below...

https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

Hi there,

Thanks for the friendly welcome

That's interesting, I thought two B options were allowed. Otherwise it's quite restrictive.

Happy 2018 and hope it's a great one for you.

Catherine

Well done, that is brilliant! How much have you lost in total?

You're right about needing to reach rock bottom. I actually didn't care about my health/weight til my doc told me about a month ago that my diabetes, high blood pressure, and cholesterol was SO bad I had up to ten years to live. I just thought I'd got away with it. I'm only 49.

It's been a very rough ten years for me, losing loved ones (both parents and my sister), ill health, major car crash, disablement, career trashed, it's taken me a long time to get through all that.

I've one son left at home age 20, he's autistic, and I'm doing this for him too. He needs me around ALOT longer than 10 years!

So, I'm in this for the long haul.
There's not a doubt in my head.
I will achieve my goal weight. I absolutely will

(and sorry, didn't intend to give life story. )

X

You really have been through it, but your will is strong. You'll do it. I have lost just over 8 stone so far, and have about 4 to go .

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum Catherine! Wishing you all the luck with SW! I've just restarted as well, it's nice to follow everyone's progress on here as it really does motivate you so you can share your success as well :) Look forward to following your progress :)

I think when you get to 500 posts you become a silver member and there are certain forums you can access which you can't as just a member, but I'm not entirely sure. To be honest I still only use the forums I used before I was a silver member :)

xx

Hello everyone,

Just a quick note to introduce myself. I've just recently rejoined Slimming World, after 20 years of yo yo dieting. I have been on and off Slimming World many times before but this time I'm using the online membership because it just suits me better and being a little shy I don't like the group aspects or talking to large groups of people every week and stuff like that.

So I started this two days ago, and I'm really impressed with the online membership - it's really quick to add your food and you have the option to do it on any of your devices and it keeps the tallies for you. You can also save your favourites. The only feedback I would give them is the option to be able to save an entire meal to favourites as that would be very useful.

I've noticed the diet has changed a lot over the years. Way back years ago we used to be able to have two B options on the green plan. Also remember things like macaroni cheese canned used to be free but I'm talking 20 years ago here. It was successful for me back then and I did lose 5 and a half stone.

But 4 children later and jobs which mainly left me sat on my backside for the majority of the day, plus lack of willpower and lover food led to me piling it all back on again right up to the grand total of 20 stone.

But I have had a rather Stark warning with regard my health, and so this time I have to get it off no matter what.

I look forward to chatting with some of you and getting some advice here n there.

Oh and happy new year, may 2018 be the year 4 better health, happiness and just a good year in general lol

Catherine

You've got this! so many good reasons to get that weight off and be healthy!
I love this plan, when you stock to it it 100% works!
I'm fresh back in the game after a month (birthday) of being naughty more than good. So here's to some epic losses over the next few weeks!!

Back