Slimming World & MiniMins Newbie!

Hi Everyone,
I have been following the Slimming World diet for 3 weeks and am due my next weigh in tomorrow!
First week I lost 4lb, but the 2nd I lost nothing, then last week I lost 3lb.
I'm just nervous that tomorrow is going tobe bad news!?
Seems I follow the plan to the letter - (most days I skip the HEA&B's and have hardly any syns) and my weight loss is loads less then my fellow slimming world members and my friends.
I am finding it really easy to follow and am enjoying it. I actually phyically eat more than before!
can anyone throw any ideas at me as to what I maybe doing wrong?

Thanks
xx

Hiya and welcome to this great site.....well done on the weight loss so far...hopefully someone on the SW plan will be along shortly to help......good luck and keep us posted

You might be better posting in the SW section :) Youve posted this in WW

Ill move it x

Hello and welcome!!

Well done on your losses so far - a fabby start to lose 7lbs:).

There's loads of support and info an here - all good for keeping the fingers busy lol!

One thing I would say is to make sure you have your HEX's and syns every day - if you don't you will lack a balanced plan and it really does affect your losses if you don't.

You also need something in reserve to reduce (syns) later on when the losses do slow down naturally - if you cut them out from the start there is no-where to go!

Take care, and good luck with your weigh in tomorrow,

xx :)

Hi Everyone,
I have been following the Slimming World diet for 3 weeks and am due my next weigh in tomorrow!
First week I lost 4lb, but the 2nd I lost nothing, then last week I lost 3lb.
I'm just nervous that tomorrow is going tobe bad news!?
Seems I follow the plan to the letter - (most days I skip the HEA&B's and have hardly any syns) and my weight loss is loads less then my fellow slimming world members and my friends.
I am finding it really easy to follow and am enjoying it. I actually phyically eat more than before!
can anyone throw any ideas at me as to what I maybe doing wrong?

Thanks
xx

Healthy extras are there to ensure a balanced diet - and are needed for essential things such as calcium and fibre and shouldn't be skipped on a regular basis.

syns are there to work along side the free food and again - shouldn't be skipped. Remember this is a healthy eating plan, not a diet. Syns are essential and it's been reported more then once that people seem to loose more (and find the plan easier to stick to) when they have their syns as opposed to when they cut back.

The only other thing i'd suggest is ensure you're also drinking enough.

Thanks Cupcake & IanH

Then that is what I'll do next week.. Make so much sense! There's me thinking I'm trying hard, but in actual fact I'm doing myself no good whatsoever!
Just one more question... Will sticking to Green all the time do my weight loss any harm... only I'm a veggie and just feel comfortable with this??
Roll on weigh in and a new week!

Thanks for your help
PS: Your weight loss is phenomonal and an inspiration
x

I'm not a veggie and I have to say I mainly have green as I prefer it (I do have at least 1 red a week though). It doesn't seem to have any adverse effect for me! :D

xx

if you are following an eating plan, you need calories to lose weight. its a really bad myth that you will lose more weight if you have less calories. my sister used to have 1000 calories thinking she was just a slow user but a trainer at her gym put her on 1400 kcals and the weight is flying off her now. have at least 5 syns a day and use your Hex portions for good results. having said all that though... you are doing great - well done with your losses so far and good luck for tomorrow. xxxxxxx

I really don't see why you think you're doing something wrong, and why 7lb in 3 weeks is slow progress!!!! You're doing fantastically! 3 pieces of advice- 1) Don't see it as a quick weight loss plan- if you rush it you won't keep the weight off long term- just be patient with it and your body! 2) Make sure you have your HEXs and syns- they're there for a reason- SW is a 'healthy eating' plan and it's not healthy to eliminate major food groups, and 3) Never compare yourself to others- we all have different metabolisms and lifestyles! It really isn't a race- and if you can't help but see it as one, remember who won the race out of the hare and the tortoise!!!X

Last edited:
Back