Slimming world must haves?

For me it's berries love them and eat them everyday and they are ss
I always have 0% Greek yoghurts hifi bars from group beans tinned tomatoes frylight ryvita philidelphia light cottage cheese potatoes brown rice &'pasta mugshots cucumber tomatoes pickled onions beetroot butternut squash lettuce celery carrots onions plums apples bananas pears grapes satsumas grapefruits lean meats options hot choc green teas diet fizzy drinks sugar free squash flavoured waters . I'm sure there's more too

Limited edition turkish delight hot options.
Hazelnut options.
Bathcelors rice.
Pasta n sauce for lazy lunches.
Nimble wholemeal.
Curly wurly bars 6syns.
Grapes...frozen....buy fresh and pop in the freezer for a lovely grape sorbet type experience. This will keep any sweetie addict away from the haribo's.
Total 0% tropical split pot......hits the sweet craving with divine yumminess.
Frylight!
Loads of herbs and spices.
Fresh basil.
Knorr vegetable stock cubes (the jelly type).
Velvet crunch (salt and vinegar are too morish-warning, thai sweet chilli are lovely) 4 syns.

lanugowife said:
The mint options hot choc is my fave @ 2syns - I love the one in costa & this is almost as good if you add a splash of milk from your healthy extra. Great if you need a late night chocolate fix, I promise! Buy the sachets though as you def get the syns right.

I still buy the jars much better value and use my digital kitchen scales to weigh out the 11g serving

Ooh & ricecakes lovely with hex cheese on

mrs big b said:
I still buy the jars much better value and use my digital kitchen scales to weigh out the 11g serving

I get the sachets mainly as DH would say he'd weighed it but would have guessed & gone way over when he makes me one. It's a tough one - pay more or make my own drinks! Lol! If you get the jar it's handy to have a sachet or 2 in your handbag for when you're not at home. 7 for £1.50 in sainsburys at the mo. X

Could you have a look in your store cupboard and tell me if the Dahl is tomato free please

My other staple is refried beans

Never tried refried beans, I noticed the old el paso ones are now free so might have to try, what do you have them with?

The Asda chickpea dahl has 2.8% tomato puree in it, I gues if it's an allergy then it's no-go but if it's taste then you really can't imo, I must also say the new recipe isn't as nice as the old one (again imo)

I usualy start with 2 large dollops add the options then if its too sweet add abit more fromage frais, most of the time I add a bannana as well and its just 2 much in one go, which is lovely becouse theres a "naughty" in the fridge for later which iv already paid for. Perfect when I have bad sweet cravings.

Its also realy nice with sweetner and a drop of vanilla essence and some Almond essence, again, feels very naught

Never tried refried beans, I noticed the old el paso ones are now free so might have to try, what do you have them with?

The Asda chickpea dahl has 2.8% tomato puree in it, I gues if it's an allergy then it's no-go but if it's taste then you really can't imo, I must also say the new recipe isn't as nice as the old one (again imo)

Thank you for replying. I love making wraps and putting refried beans in with well as fromage frais and sliced cucumber. You can thin them down to make dips, Another thing that sounds weird but is tasty is to mix with some diced onion and beaten egg, make into burger shapes and fry !!
Sadly the tomato thing is an allergy :cry:

That's a shame about the allergy, I'll check the Sundar one for you tomorrow, you never know!

Definitely will be trying some of the bean ideas, tnx :)

lanugowife said:
I get the sachets mainly as DH would say he'd weighed it but would have guessed & gone way over when he makes me one. It's a tough one - pay more or make my own drinks! Lol! If you get the jar it's handy to have a sachet or 2 in your handbag for when you're not at home. 7 for £1.50 in sainsburys at the mo. X

See I don't have that problem lol my hubby never makes a drink lol . I do get the sachets if I want a flavour you can't get in jars tho

Limited edition turkish delight hot options.
Hazelnut options.
Bathcelors rice.
Pasta n sauce for lazy lunches.
Nimble wholemeal.
Curly wurly bars 6syns.
Grapes...frozen....buy fresh and pop in the freezer for a lovely grape sorbet type experience. This will keep any sweetie addict away from the haribo's.
Total 0% tropical split pot......hits the sweet craving with divine yumminess.
Frylight!
Loads of herbs and spices.
Fresh basil.
Knorr vegetable stock cubes (the jelly type).
Velvet crunch (salt and vinegar are too morish-warning, thai sweet chilli are lovely) 4 syns.

Frozen Grapes??? Realy. im going to try this, my sweet craving are out of controle now im pregnant

Yep, frozen white seedless grapes are like little sweets. No good if you have sensitive teeth though lol. They are like grape sprbet and really sweet. They are a little survival tool for me.

And they take longer to eat than normal grapes. :)

Ill let you know, when I read your post this morning I put afew in the freezer, shoukld be done now...

Yep, frozen white seedless grapes are like little sweets. No good if you have sensitive teeth though lol. They are like grape sprbet and really sweet. They are a little survival tool for me.

And they take longer to eat than normal grapes. :)

Oh good god...Thank you, im realy struggaling as well today, these are a god send. I love frozen ice pops as well. Shame i only put a small bunch in the freezer to try it, iv no more left. Will definatly have these as a staple in my freezer. Does it work with any other fruit?

Chipmunk89 said:
Frylight
Sweetener
Pepsi Max
Passata
Mushrooms (I eat them in/with most things!
Quark
Alpen Light Bars (2 = HexB or 3 Syns each)
Sesame Ryvita (3 = HexB or 1.5 Syns each)
Baked Potatoes (SW Wedges are possibly my fave SW food!)
Mullerlights
Seafood Sticks (I do a lot of red days!)
Sainsbury's Be Good To Yourself Sausages (At 0.5 Syns each if you're a sausage fan, they're a must have! in fact, I never really liked Sausages that much before SW but these are honestly the nicest sausages I've tried!)

Hi chipmunk

Are Sainsburys saugages fresh or frozen?

I normally buy reduced fruits from our green grocer (large bags for 50p) like grapes, blueberries, strawberries and in season I go Blackberry picking and put them in the freezer so when I want something sweet after dinner, I have a bowl of them.

Lots of brilliant ideas here but I didn't see a couple of my faces (could be wrong though)

Sugar free jelly
Lazy chilli, garlic and ginger
Knorr stock pots
Sainsbury's meat free meatballs
Laughing Cow extra light cheese triangles
Picked onions

mumof4girls said:
Lots of brilliant ideas here but I didn't see a couple of my faces (could be wrong though)

Sugar free jelly
Lazy chilli, garlic and ginger
Knorr stock pots
Sainsbury's meat free meatballs
Laughing Cow extra light cheese triangles
Picked onions

Oh yes don't forget the pickled onions they are a huuuuuuge part of my day lol

Back