Slimming World Newbie!

Hi everyone. I am new to Slimming World. I live in Dallas, Texas, in the United States. Slimming World just started here a couple of months ago. They only offer the "Extra Easy" plan here so that is what I am doing. I enrolled 2 weeks ago and have lost 7 pounds in those 2 weeks. I am just trying to get some ideas and support. Since it is so new here, there is not any other online groups like you for the USA. So, I was hoping I could hang with you guys from across the Ocean. :)

Anyway, so far so good, but I am getting tired of eggs. Does anyone have a good recipe for spaghetti squash?

Thanks and hope to talk more soon!
Amber

Also, about your Christmas Challenge... Is it too late to get in on it? I want to lose 20 more pounds by then for a total of 27 pounds lost.

Hello,welcome to the board. Well done on the weight that you've lost so far, and good luck for the rest of your weight loss.
Perhaps if you put one or two of your food diaries on here we might be able to give you some ideas on varying things so that you can cut down on the eggs! You could read the food diaries above too which will give you lots of ideas.

hi and welcome/ I didnt know sw had gone over to usa.
Really good luck,hope it works for you. Having a look at peoples food diaries is great idea tho i guess there'll be things you cant get there or that you can get and we cant.
glad to have you with us

Hi and welcome! I'm sure you'll find lots of support here although we might sometimes need to translate between US english and UK english :D

To answer your other question, we very rarely, if ever, get spaghetti squash in this country. From what I could see recipes usually involve lots of cream and butter! But I did find these which could be made SW friendly:

Southwestern Spaghetti Squash - All Recipes

Spicy Spaghetti Squash - All Recipes

Baked Spaghetti Squash Lasagna Style - All Recipes

Baked Spaghetti Squash with Beef and Veggies - All Recipes

Hi Amber and welcome. I only joined this forum at the beginning of this week and am finding it a great support and source of great menu ideas.
As for the spaghetti squash,they aren't particularly common here. We tend to have a lot of other kinds of squah/pumpkin, the most common used is probably butternut squash. I love mine roasted with lots of pepper on or blended down into a soup.

Hello there, and welcome to the forum.

Well done on your loss so far, you are doing well.

Good luck with your SW journey. X

Welcome - I am new too - Extra Easy sounds the way to go!
Good luck with SW and hope to chat on here more too :D

Elle xxx

Hi Amber, Im Debbie, I live in Ireland. Welcome to SW. This forum is just the best..... you will make lots of new friends and get so much advice and information, I couldnt live without it.....

Hi Amber,

I joined the group last week and I must confess, this is the BEST website I have come across for SW support. Everyone is really helpful and you'll never be stuck for recipe ideas, there always seems to be at least one person who is able to advise.

I wish you well on your weightloss journey!

hi amber
i joined sw 14 weeks ago and have only ever did ee and think its the best thing i have ever came across hope u enjoy it to good luck on the plan:)

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. Wow, no spaghetti squash? It is a squash that once you cook it, it separates and looks just like a pile of spaghetti noodles. In the meantime, I am experimenting with steaming it, but so far it tastes so bland - even with spaghetti sauce on it.

Hi Amber and welcome!!
Well done on your losses so far thats great!!

Not sure about the squash thing, but have a look at the Food diaries section to give you some ideas when you are struggling.
Good luck!

Back