Slimming world newbie!

Fberrypink

Hi guys can anyone tell me if chocolate weetabix is a healthy extra b? Thanks!

No. It's in the Syns section at the back- normal are 6.5 and 'flavoured' are 8. Considering normal weetabix are counted as a healthy extra, I would personally count it as a healthy extra and then add 1.5 to my syns count.
Hope that helps!!
Tarnbop x

Actually, just checked and weetabix isn't on the healthy extras list, so scrap that, it will all have to be counted as Syns... The mini chocolate one is on the list though- you can have 30g as a HEb. Probably because with the larger biscuits, they're about 25g each, meaning 1 is too little, but 2 too much...
My theory on it anyway!
I have a whole pack of chocolate weetabix in the cupboard... I think it may have to be my 'morning-after-weigh-in-treat' for when I lose!

Tarnbop x

Actually, just checked and weetabix isn't on the healthy extras list, so scrap that, it will all have to be counted as Syns... The mini chocolate one is on the list though- you can have 30g as a HEb. Probably because with the larger biscuits, they're about 25g each, meaning 1 is too little, but 2 too much...
My theory on it anyway!
I have a whole pack of chocolate weetabix in the cupboard... I think it may have to be my 'morning-after-weigh-in-treat' for when I lose!

Tarnbop x

Thank you for that! What a shame! The choc weetabix is really nice...new it was too gd to be true! At least u can have it as a syn if u really want some though :)

It is, Tarn, but they hide it in the 'grab and go' list, rather than the cereal list!

P x

I knew I'd seen it somewhere, because I had worked out I could just syn the difference!!! Thankyou!! I'm not going (quite so) crazy!!

Tarnbop x

That's great thank you for your help! Just found the weetabix in the grab ant go section!

wondered if anyone can help explain the slimming world food plan,my son has made the first step and joined slimming world but I,m on ww lol so I,m struggling to understand the days etc can someone give me a quick breakdown my sis says shes following extra easy but I,m not sure what that is and shes on holiday so cant ask her lol

sorry I,m a pain Traceyxx

On extra easy you fill each plate with 1/3 superfree foods (most veg and fruit) and 2/3 free foods (rice, pasta, potatoes, meat, fish and eggs). Starchy veg count as free foods. He can have as much of these free foods as he likes, providing he sticks to rules of the thirds on the plate. Cheese and milk (and anything made with them eg butter) have a set daily amount. These are called healthy extra a. They are measured and he will have been given a book with the weights in. Bread and cereal are healthy extra b. And are also measured (see the book). Anything else (all the unhealthy treats etc and anything over the 'healthy extra' allowance) is measured and counted as syns. These are outlined in the book too. He's allowed between 5 and 15 syns a day.

Hope that helps!

Tarnbop x

Back