Slimming World Online

flutter-by-us

Silver Member
Hi Everyone

I did Atkins last year and did really well however having lost weight (with still some to go) I have found my willpower lacking I thought I could just continue on sort of an Atkins diet but really I'm not - at all

So I want to do Slimming World as I feel red days are a good alternative and easier to follow long term.

I am swithering about joining Slimming World on-line as I won't be going to classes etc however it's expensive (I feel) and just wondered whether it was worth it or not?

Any comments etc welcome.

Thanks
xx

Depending on what offers are on, going to class is actually cheaper than online - a 12 week countdown is just under £50, and a 3 month online subscription is about £60 a think. If you can get to class, even if its just to weigh & go, I'd do it. I tried online and struggled - I need the motivation of going to group each week - and i don't want a set of scales in the house in case I turn into a scale hopper!

Its about YOU having everything YOU need to do this- everyone is different.

Lots of people need the support and comraderie of a class. Some people can just do it off using books and asking on here.

I was somewhere in the middle. I didn't want to go to class (I actually find them de-motivating- everyone just seems to moan at them- lol) but I still wanted the 'official' SW product/services/advice.

Some people think on-line is a waste of money because the service is not for them. I thought it well worth the money because it was exactly what I wanted out of a programme and I lost 8 stone and have maintained for 6 months, so it worked for me.

So- the answer is- it will be worth it if it is right for you. If it isn't right for you it will be a waste of money (as with all options- even buying the books on e-bay for £5 is a waste of money of you can't stick to plan using that method)

I guess the big thing is YOU. If you are determined enough you will find a way to do this, regardless of how it comes wrapped.

Good luck

I do it online, but ive only done 2 weeks. The only class i could make was a £4 tram journey away, i couldnt afford that plus the weekly fee so online was cheaper, and to be honest i dont really like going to things like that, especially on my own, so i dont think i would have carried on going after thw first week or 2. I like having the features online to check syns and stuff but i don't think i will renew my subscription, i think by then i will know most of the things i need and can use this site for additional support.

Hi thanks for the replies and you're all right (of course!). I can do this diet and probably should do it with the magazines I have on hand already and this fantastic forum (which is all I used for Atkins after all) but I know that SW can be quite complicated keeping up-to-date with syns, HEs etc .....
I don't really want to go to a weekly club as I have 2 small children and already work away from home and go running so don't think I want to miss more bedtimes etc.
I think I will start by using the info I already have and can get from here (thank you in advance :)).

Now I just need to DO IT :)

flutter-by-us said:
Hi thanks for the replies and you're all right (of course!). I can do this diet and probably should do it with the magazines I have on hand already and this fantastic forum (which is all I used for Atkins after all) but I know that SW can be quite complicated keeping up-to-date with syns, HEs etc .....
I don't really want to go to a weekly club as I have 2 small children and already work away from home and go running so don't think I want to miss more bedtimes etc.
I think I will start by using the info I already have and can get from here (thank you in advance :)).

Now I just need to DO IT :)

As said above you are the best person to decide if it is right for you. A lot of people on here do it solo myself included. I couldnt be doing with class and personally i didnt feel online was worth it for what you got. I have the books after having been to class previously. So far ive found on here great for syn values hex etc. Im sure youll do great whatever you decide.

Well you guys have done and are doing so well you're an (th)inspiration to me!

Have just discovered loads of info that I bought off e-bay previously so have been reading up and definitely think red days are the way to go and easier to do than Atkins (definitely better than preparing 4 separate meals!).

Thanks everyone :)

I'm another DIY sw'er. I live in Spain so have to.
I have all the books (from yonks ago I might add), use this forum to get syn/hex advice and share recipes.

My mum is doing SW by going to class so she logged into online for me when she was last here and I had a sneaky look around. BUT, to be honest, after a few days looking what is in there I decided it didn't really offer me anything extra so didn't join and just continue with books and Minis.

Good luck - you can do it alone!

Last edited:
Apparently there is a voucher for £35 off online membership in this months (weeks?) woman magazine.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Hi Flutter by, I remember you on the Atkins forum nice to see you. I too switched to SW and feel the better for it. I did really love the Atkins way of eating but started to not feel well. Guess it just wasn't for me. Anyway after losing the big chunks of weight on the first 2 weeks of Atkins it slows down to be about the same as SW anyhow (at least for me it does) I joined SW online as meeting are not for me and difficult to get to. Although it's pricey they do give you lots of info which I have on my desktop for referencing. Also I sometimes find the HE's confusing so it's a godsend to me. I fill in the diary online and you don't have to put in what time you ate it, how much you ate etc so much easier than WW or some other diaries online. Your right you can eat red days and too keep your carbs low. I've been on it for 3 weeks and lost 6lbs and have lots of energy. I have 5-7lbs more to go. Any questions please ask. Good luck.

Hey coffeelover I remember you too! :) Nice to see you so far I'm loving SW just nice to eat fruit and eat with the family too which I found difficult with Atkins not meany 3 and 1 year olds like steak! Well done you're doing great and not far to go (lucky thing!).
I'm swithering about on-line it just seems so expensive I wish it were like WW where there's a host of unofficial stuff to make it easier :). It sounds good though and is obviously working for you.
Look forward to seeing you hit target :D xx

Apparently there is a voucher for £35 off online membership in this months (weeks?) woman magazine.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins
i bought that - it is actually the womans summer diet special

but it isnt as good as it sounds. it is a code for £15 off (WOMAN0511)
and then it tells you there is already £19.95 off normal price so that makes the £35 lol

i didnt bother as i still think it costs too much for what it is

I paid £45 for 3 months subscription using a discount code i found online. I'm very happy with this as I hate going to classes, don't enjoy Image Therapy, and really don't have the time.
I love SW online.

Me too, i've never bern to a class but i can't see myself enjoying it at all. Plus I'd have to pay £4 on the tram to get to the only meeting I can attend so it's much cheaper gor me online. Only think i would like to go to class for are these hifi bars -i'm intregued!

Back