Slimming World Password

we didnt mention the password anyway that password has expired

The fact there was a hint of it was enough. When you sign up to join Minimins you agree to abide by the forum rules.

This particular rule about the Password is absolutely non negotiable and I dont know why people cant accept that.

I dont think you all realise how close tabs SW keep on this and the fact they work with Pierce so closely.

Is it worth risking the forum just for the sake of people making any kind of discussion about the PW

Mini has asked very nicely that the rules are ahered to and I think its the least we all can do

I agree with the above.

We have this fantastic resource, totally free of charge, because other people are prepared to work hard behind the scenes, and because of the relationship they have built with SW, and I for one am extremely grateful.

There aren't that many rules, and those that do exist are simply common sense, and we should stick to them, and not risk losing what we have.

I agree with the above.

We have this fantastic resource, totally free of charge, because other people are prepared to work hard behind the scenes, and because of the relationship they have built with SW, and I for one am extremely grateful.

There aren't that many rules, and those that do exist are simply common sense, and we should stick to them, and not risk losing what we have.

I agree - as I've said previously I find this site invaluable for information support and inspiration

Thanks to the moderators!

This particular rule about the Password is absolutely non negotiable and I dont know why people cant accept that.

I dont think you all realise how close tabs SW keep on this and the fact they work with Pierce so closely.

Is it worth risking the forum just for the sake of people making any kind of discussion about the PW

Mini has asked very nicely that the rules are ahered to and I think its the least we all can do

I'm 100% behind this rule. As a Slimming World member you pay what, £4.95 a week for a fantastic resource and your weigh in/image therapy. For £5.50 a week at weight watchers, we get our weigh in and meeting. If we want access to e source we have to buy a monthly pass at £17.95 or pay an additonal £6.95 for e source, depending on our choice. Basically, we have to pay extra for access.

I think it'd be awful for SW group members if access to the website was an additional meeting charge, I actually think that's it's incredibly generous that you get that access for less than a fiver a week!

Reactions: Taz
Firstly I'm currently at work and everyone's wondering what i keep chuckling about.

A thread about not giving out passwords then every page has someone asking what the current one is, followed by someone relating to the top page, I see the funny side in everything.

I work permanent evenings, I'm unavailable to join SW in the day slots too given the area i live its quite a journey and adding the cost of petrol to the sum of a weekly charge is asking too much.

I would have easily joined online had the option to pay weekly been there or at least a payment plan but there is no way i am going to shell out as much as they are asking without a trial run at least.

I ended up at ebay myself where obvious consultants are selling the welcome packs in their droves and doing a great business, yes, there are many who are just selling off what they don't want anymore but even that is a competative market, I've been viewing it for over a week now.

I got the syn books etc and one for Tesco's that actually has "group copy" written on it, so I know whats happening. I'm unsure if consultants are paid a commission per pack or not but they are getting more than their starter fee for them on ebay EVERY TIME!

So ok i got one baring in mind i did put the weekly cost into it and at £15 plus postage was a bargain compared to over £20 in some cases, even the buy it now is set from £19 - £29! I've seen the weight watchers priced at less!

So thats my contribution to this I understand the girl with the kids completely, I struggle to pay for the shopping these days so going to a club is not an option. Last week we went to Tesco's my OH loves Libby's orange drink in a 1 litre carton, for weeks he's been buying it for 30p how about its on the shelves now for 90p!

Thats just one example on how we watch our lbs, yep, every business wants to stay in business!

But to the cost of what?

Consultants don't get a commission on SW packs. One pack is given to every new member when they sign up and pay. The number of packs ordered has to correlate with the number of new members.

(There is a slightly different arrangement when a new book comes out, as at the beginning of this year, and for a short time they are available for sale to existing members.)

Consultants know that they could be disciplined for selling packs on eBay, so I doubt if any consultant who wants to keep his or her job would take the risk.

You'd think after everything that has been said on this thread, and the perfectly good reason as to why we can't give passwords out some people would get the hint and stop trying to bend the rules.
I feel sorry for the moderators who constantly have to keep their eyes peeled to stop this.
It's pretty simple really. If you want the password join and pay like everyone else. If you don't want to pay - no password!
It's not fair to paying members and it's not fair to try and buck site rules which could prove detrimental to the site!

The quicker all the classes go computerised the better and then there will be no need for passwords
Irene xx

Yes indeed, although it seems to be a slow process. My sister's groups have been electronic since Christmas, but my consultant has only just had her initial training and we are not expecting to be "converted" for some weeks yet.

Meanwhile, we all have to behave ourselves here! The person whose message (above) was deleted today has had postings deleted from this thread before, and must have known what would happen to the most recent one. It really is tiresome.

The quicker all the classes go computerised the better and then there will be no need for passwords
Irene xx

Dumb question but why will that stop the need for a password??
My group is electronic but we still get given a password every week.
Our C has started writing the password next to our weigh in results so we can't forget it!! Good idea!!

When all the groups are computerised then you will just have to sign in with your own password and the site will recognise you as a current member as your weekly details are on their system.

Irene xx

I am not certain but your card will probably have a number so you would use that, and together with your own password and e-mail that could log you on. I am just guessing but someone will clarify this, I am sure.

Back