Slimming World scales

Pro-One

Hi everyone,
I'm a new member here and my name's Mike.

This seems like a fun place to be so I thought I'd ask a question by way of introduction.
I was diagnosed Type-2 a few months ago and have totally changed my eating habits and go out for walks much more. I used to stay in a lot but I'm really enjoying being out and about.
I've been going to Slimming world for 7 weeks and very much enjoy the group I'm with.
So far I've lost 2 1/2 stone which I'm happy with.
This week however I stayed the same despite no change in my eating and routine. We had a different Consultant as our usual one is away.
Is it possible that are new Consultants scales are set slightly different so I might have lost a lb or two.
All this is not putting me off as I'm heading forward and enjoy Slimming World. I'm just curious really.
Good to be here and thanks.
Mike.

I think it's entirely possible, however they will argue that they are correct and calibrated. I just bite my tongue when I hear them say that, as there's no way they pay and get them re-calibrated all the time. Once in a while, yes, but their scales get hauled about and thrown in the boots of their cars. If I were you, just take it on the chin knowing you haven't done anything wrong, and the losses will catch up. As an aside, you said there was no change to your eating and routine - This might cause you to stall at some point (I hope it doesn't of course), but I have to now continually change and vary what I eat and not get into a routine with what I eat, as it can slow and stall weight loss.
All the best Mike for your weight loss journey.
Claire

Hi Claire,
Thanks for your reply.
I did wonder with all the transportation if it might effect the reading. This will only be for one more week so I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and see what happens when our consultant comes back. I have prepared myself for knock backs from time to time but I'm enjoying the group, the getting out more and the weight loss so far.
Congratulations on all your achievements so far and again, thank you for the advice.
Mike.

You're very welcome, and thank you.
Claire

Back