Slimming world...

Hi there

I am a newbie here! Hi everyone, I am joining slimming world tomorrow as it is the only one near my home in the countryside lol:) can anyone give me the gist of it... so I can be prepared...

Chat soon Ladies :D

Hello and :welcome2:

Afraid I dont know anything about SW , but wanted to say Good luck on your weight loss journey :)

I joined the online one so no help here but congrats on action to change!

Hi everyone,

I was on ww for quite a bit and ended up starving, I guess its not for me... the classes were good but then I moved house to the middle of nowhere lol:)

Lost 40 lbs on the atkins after I had my baby in the space of 4 months, it was definately water weight as I blew up like a balloon when I was pregnant with her, quite a shock to system...

I first goal is to lose 13lb 8.5oz as this was the size of my baby girl when she was born... i know know huge but she was long! then another 13lb 8.5oz and so on so on...

How is everyone doing?

:D

I was on it for a week and was convinced that i wouldn't loose anything cos I was eating loads more than I would normally - I was stunned, excited and delighted when the scales told me I had lost a couple of pounds. Then I went on holiday and ate rubbish all week.

I did a lot of cycling as well but I was convinced that I had put some weight on but no - still the same. V pleased about that. :)

One strange thing I have noticed is I pee loads - think I am peeing out the weight! :eek:

Hi everyone,

I was on ww for quite a bit and ended up starving, I guess its not for me... the classes were good but then I moved house to the middle of nowhere lol:)

Lost 40 lbs on the atkins after I had my baby in the space of 4 months, it was definately water weight as I blew up like a balloon when I was pregnant with her, quite a shock to system...

I first goal is to lose 13lb 8.5oz as this was the size of my baby girl when she was born... i know know huge but she was long! then another 13lb 8.5oz and so on so on...

How is everyone doing?

:D

Nosey question - why not atkins if you lost such a lot on it before? 40 lbs couldnt have all been water surely?

I am ravenous on ww, I eat lots of fruit and veg, am I am losing the weight but when I go to the gym im starving, the leader in my class said that its best that I dont use my activity points at all so I dont.. I usually have a hard boiled egg after the gym, then a sambo and salad... maybe its me, I have a huge appetite. I think am gonna give it a lash and see how I go... will let ye know how I get on...

Peeing is a good sign, toxins leaving your body - be proud LOL;)

Hi MargyParker,
Staying on the atkins for too long was unrealistic for me, I gave up the smokes on 8 April this year for good, and yes I was craving bread and things that I wasnt allowed to have on the atkins... so shifted over to ww... I had really bad oedema during my pregnancy were I had to wear travel sock up to my thighs for the entire pregnancy, so it was defo water weight... i knew becos I used to get a dint in my legs when I sat against anything.. so thats a defo sign... I use to buy all my low carb baking products from netrition.com in america.. then its was getting like too much hassle for me... I do recommend it but for short term only, in my opinion... :)

well done for giving up the smokes - another excellent example of women multi-tasking - dieting and giving up smoking together heh.

Back