Snacks?

tracyj69

Hi everyone, I am new on here, just started SW on Monday and a bit thrown by all the free foods! my question is how much snacking do you do in a typical day and what do you eat?

To be honest I find I don't snack much at all, I tend to eat 3 good meals and then find that I don't want to snack. If I do snack, it tends to be on alpen bars that I use as my health extra, sw treats i make my self such as my raspberry cupcakes, fruit or a muller light yogs.

My syns usually go on my meals for sauces and ingredients or for puddings such as a low syn eton mess or some ww ice cream. And occasionally a light night treat of a freddo.

The only exception of this is when I am on nights - this weekend! And then I snack like mad as it keeps me going, but again I save my HEB for my alpens and always reach for the fruit first.

If you are doing EE remember your superfree and try and snack on superfree rather than free where possible. Although we would be lying if we said we all do that as sometimes that piece of fruit aint gonna solve that craving for something nice x

for me its usually fruit, muller lights or low syn treats, thats how i use up my syns(dont usually use them all up)

swizzle matlow rainbow drops = 4 syns (28g)
Pink and whites = 2 syns
mini milks= 1.5 syns each
cadburys light choc mousse = 3 .5 syns
snack a jack curls = 3.5 syns a pack

I usually leave my snacking till the evening when at the bfs house as hes always eating sweets and i need something to distract me, i do red and green days so usually save a HEB till the evening and use that for a kelloggs fibre plus bar, or if im on a red day ill take a couple of low syns sausages cut up into little pieces to snack on or make scotch eggs then have a range of these low syn snacks ;

weight watchers cheese puffs (4 syns)
weight watches cheese nachos (4 syns)
weight watchers mini jaffa roll (4.5 syns)
skips (4.5 syns)
Freddo bar (5 syns)
Mikado sticks (0.5 syns each)

First off only snack if you are hungry, don't snack for the hell of it. Talk about hyprocrite...i'm still trying to break the habit, getting there slowly.

I find in the morning at work I will have an apple and an alpen bar (3 syns or half a HEb), in the afternoon I don't seem to snack in the evening I will have my choccy. At weekend I only snack in the evening or maybe the odd yogurt or apple in the morning.

ejgemmag said:
for me its usually fruit, muller lights or low syn treats, thats how i use up my syns(dont usually use them all up)

swizzle matlow rainbow drops = 4 syns (28g)
Pink and whites = 2 syns
mini milks= 1.5 syns each
cadburys light choc mousse = 3 .5 syns
snack a jack curls = 3.5 syns a pack

Are mini milk ice lollies only 1 1/2?
Xx

when i go to work i take breakfast and lunch (usually bran flakes and a banana for breakfast and a meal for lunch such as a salad, pasta, chilli or spag bol) and i take about 4 pieces of fruit, alpen bars, yogurt or low syn jelly and a can of diet coke) i don't always eat all of the snacks but they are there if i want them. on an evening i sometimes have walkers squares or french fries, or a curly wurly, or fruit with 0% fat greek yog and crush a couple of mini meringues over x so in answer to your question i snack a lot! lol but try to snack on free food during day and keep syns for later. i mainly do green days xx

I tend to pick even when im not hungry. So on the weekends when im at home I cut up a pineapple or some other fruit and make a fruit salad and whenever I go to the fridge its all there ready. Filling and totally syn free.

I tend to graze all day but I dont have big breakfasts or lunches, I just sort of have one long snack from when I get up til tea time :D Only my main meal is large, and I only snack on superfree or HEXes, I very rarely snack on anything synnable. I have fruit, baby veggies, tomatoes, mini cheeses, Quorn slices, yoghurts, cheese & crispbread... mmm sometimes a bit of veggies & hummus if Ive made any (although not had that much during the winter, ought to get some made today really) :)

Back