Sponsored Walk for LLife

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by lucylastic, 27 October 2009 Social URL.

1. lucylastic

lucylastic Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st12lb(33.61%)
    Diet:
    LL
    This Saturday, 31st Oct, a number of us Colchester (and Worthing!!) LL'ers are doing a sponsored 8 mile walk to raise money for a local hospice, as well as hopefully raise awareness of LL in the local area (our LLC is struggling to attract clients, which is surprising, as Colchester appears to have a rather large proportion of rotund people! :D)

We're hoping the local press and radio are going to cover it - they have agreed to as long as there's "nothing more news-worthy" happening that day - so let's hope no cats get stuck up trees, and no more cracks appear in the pavement on the high street :rolleyes:

Anyway - wish us luck, and anyone in the local area look / listen out for us! :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. slendablenda

slendablenda Gold Member

Diet:
    lighterlife
    Good luck with the walk Lucy and Surrey Star from Sussex helping Essex !
    our LLC wasn't too impressed with this idea, but I wish you well.
    Sounds like the weather will be fine too.
    I hope you get the publicity you want.

4. lucylastic

lucylastic Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st12lb(33.61%)
    Diet:
    LL
    Thanks SB :)

I understand what your LLC is saying about the timing, I think she's totally right, but if we can drum up some interest for people to start after Xmas, that would help. And in one sense the timing is good - it's National Obesity Week next week, so that should help with the publicity angle!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.