Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Sponsored Walk for LLife

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by lucylastic, 27 October 2009 Social URL.

1. lucylastic

lucylastic Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st12lb(33.61%)
    Diet:
    LL
    This Saturday, 31st Oct, a number of us Colchester (and Worthing!!) LL'ers are doing a sponsored 8 mile walk to raise money for a local hospice, as well as hopefully raise awareness of LL in the local area (our LLC is struggling to attract clients, which is surprising, as Colchester appears to have a rather large proportion of rotund people! :D)

We're hoping the local press and radio are going to cover it - they have agreed to as long as there's "nothing more news-worthy" happening that day - so let's hope no cats get stuck up trees, and no more cracks appear in the pavement on the high street :rolleyes:

Anyway - wish us luck, and anyone in the local area look / listen out for us! :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. slendablenda

slendablenda Gold Member

Diet:
    lighterlife
    Good luck with the walk Lucy and Surrey Star from Sussex helping Essex !
    our LLC wasn't too impressed with this idea, but I wish you well.
    Sounds like the weather will be fine too.
    I hope you get the publicity you want.

4. lucylastic

lucylastic Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st12lb(33.61%)
    Diet:
    LL
    Thanks SB :)

I understand what your LLC is saying about the timing, I think she's totally right, but if we can drum up some interest for people to start after Xmas, that would help. And in one sense the timing is good - it's National Obesity Week next week, so that should help with the publicity angle!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.