staceys lemon cake recipe!!!!!

byron

well ive attempted a few sw cake recipes and they all tasted yukky!!! its my fiances bday in a day n me n the kids are attempting this hahaha im not jamie oliver to be precise im covered in ingredients and got my fingers n toes crossed this will work, but omg does it smell georgess ill let ya know l8r- thanks stacey xxxx

I made this today and thought it was lovely. My tin in a bit big, so I think I'm going to do it in a loaf tin next time!

Perfect for a sweet treat.

Aww thanks guys! It's so nice to have some feedback! The lemon extract is essential, in my opinion. I tried it last night with just rind from 1 lemon and juice from half a lemon and it really didn't work.

Byron, let me know how it turns out!

1 word stacey georgess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yr a pure genius xx

Do the choccy version of it - I'm in LOVE!!

Choccy version is half self raising flour half cocoa powder (so one ounce of each) then you need some chocolate extract they sell it at Waitrose and probably some other big supermarkets. It comes out a bit like a brownie quite a close texture (without the choccy chips of course!)

Well done all of you, I can feel a baking day coming on. X

Mmmm this looks good! Since joining SW Ive not once cooked a cake/dessert so I'll start with this I think!

Back