Starting my journey again...

Tryinghard100

Hi All, chanced on minimins when l googled Slimming world +plantains and got on to African/Caribbean section. Great!!!! I’m from Edmonton London and have for the last 2 years rapidly gained weight and my will power is at an all time low. I’m diabetic, have high blood pressure and am a 10 year stroke survivor 👍🏿💯😊 😊who should know better! Anyway the journey starts today! I love West Indian food and hope to be able to incorporate in my eating plan. Going to Boots to weigh myself later. Thanks for the join👍🏿

Hi, This is a great place for friendship and support. Its helped me loads along my journey to being healthy and losing weight. No one judges even if you have a bad week and relapse, we have all been there and just try and help each other get back on track. Its funny you mention Plantains, I saw one for the first time at the weekend and thought it was a plastic joke version of a banana, My friend laughed and told me she is taking me shopping to educate me on more exotic fruit and veg. I do tend to be a little boring!

Anyway, welcome to Minimins, I look forward to chatting along the way x

Hi, This is a great place for friendship and support. Its helped me loads along my journey to being healthy and losing weight. No one judges even if you have a bad week and relapse, we have all been there and just try and help each other get back on track. Its funny you mention Plantains, I saw one for the first time at the weekend and thought it was a plastic joke version of a banana, My friend laughed and told me she is taking me shopping to educate me on more exotic fruit and veg. I do tend to be a little boring!

Anyway, welcome to Minimins, I look forward to chatting along the way x
Thanks for the welcome. Plantains are lovely! I usually eat them with fried eggs and bacon. Plantains are usually served as a ‘side’ in West Indian cooking but are popular in other cultures too. I’m going to asking for help from this group to help incorporate my West Indian cravings!
I’m trying really hard to get my brain in gear to make healthier choices, and stick at it long enough to see and feel the benefits. I really need to do something NOW! I’ m feeling more optimistic this morning now I’ve found this group ( having made the pledge to start eating healthy late last night) and woken up in a panic early this morning wondering if ‘l can do it this time?’ My answer at 7.28am is YES l Can!!!! Thanks again.😊

Reactions: jfc
Welcome x

Back