Stone by Christmas diary

tryin again

Hi all, first day today on ww pro points. I have been on the dukan diet for the last three months and have lost over 2 stone, but i,ve had enough! I have been binging badly for the last three weeks and so with binging for 2 days and then being strict for 2 days over and over my weight has been yo yoing and my body is begging me to stop! I loose weight really fast on Dukan, however for me, it hasn't helped with my un healthy attitude towards food. I can be really strict with the limited foods allowed, but then i loose the plot and just go mad, eating until i can't physically eat anymore! I've put on nearly 1 stone in the last week!!! Thats what happens if you eat carbs after a strict no carb diet!

So i've decided to come back to ww, i've been here before so i know what i'm doing and although it's slower, i think it's alot more sustainable long term. I have 2 children and haven't been able to have meals with them, and they are picking up on mums wierd food that she eats. I want to be able to eat normal foods again and i know this is the best diet for it.

As my diary says, i'd like to loose 1 stone by christmas. I don't know how my body will react to this diet change after beiong starved of all carbs, fat and sugar for so long but i feel 1 stone in 11 weeks should be more than achievable, so here goes!

38 daily and 49 weekly
Food for today;
breakfast oat so simple porridge + skimmed milk 5
snack (don'y get to have lunch till 2!) ainsley cuppa soup 2, muller greek yogurt 2
lunch crusty roll 4, bowl soup 4, pack savours crisps 1? need to double check that.
dinner homemade pizza, max 10,( need to calculate properly, butternut squash chips and salad, mayo 1

so far thats 29, leaving 10 for snacks, wow so much food compared to chicken, chicken and more chicken on dukan.

Right, off to read your diarys for some insperation! :read:

Welcome, I know how u feel I was doing LT for a bit too and my boys picked it up as well. WW is great cus u can have all u want just point it. Have you joined a group?? Im doing mine from home. Good luck L xx

Hi diole, Yes doing this by myself at home. So nice to be eating proper food again! I can't believe i can eat all this and loose weight, not sure how my body will react but i'm going to trust in the plan! Have you had your first weeks weigh in yet?

Off to work in a mo, then off to the opticians! My eyes hurt when i move them, haven't had a test for about 20 yrs so now i'm getting on a bit i'm thinking i may need reading glasses :-( we'll see.......

Hi...no I weight in tomoro so who knows....enjoy choosing new glasses :)

Hello and welcome.....all I can say is trust the plan. Eat all your dailies, and weeklies. It works!!!! Glad you are enjoying so far and good luck x

Thanks shar, it scares the hell out of me to eat all those points tbh, i'm sure i'll adjust though after a couple of days. Actually i'm hungry! Its amazing how when on Dukan i never felt hunger and ate so little. 1/2 day back on carbs and i'm hungry again!

You can do weight watchers low carb to start If its a worry xx I tried low carb for a bit due to pcos and it was fine, but after a few weeks I was missing stuff like bread, bagels, fruit, and yogurts !!! So I knew it was something I could not maintain for life x this fits in with life, scientifically proven to work of you stick to the plan xxx so eat your dailys eat your weeklies. You will feel so much better when it starts coming off I promise x

Oh and it feels great to make big family recipes that they can all enjoy!!!! Xxx my OH even lost a few lbs without trying jammy git xx

First day done, so much for being scared of eating all my points! I ended up having 16 weeklies! Once i started eating i couldn't stop. This is a massive problem for me, i'm very much all or nothing with food and if i have one snack it leads to a full on binge. It's easier to have none at all but i want to learn to try and control this and eat like a normal person. Target for today then is no evening binge eating and to stick to my dailies ( i'd like to save my weeklies for the weekend).

Day 2 menu

oat so simple porride & skimmed milk 5
lunch
warburtons pizza ( wrap4 50g l/f cheese 3.5, onion & mushrooms) 7.5
walkers sunbites 3
not sure of dinner yet, need to make a menu for the week and go shopping.

Day off today, although i have my youngest off school poorly so not quite as chilled as i would like! He's a good boy though, and i'll be busy doing housework etc. Have a good day everyone!

hiya, here to follow.. i did the dukan myself before i started weight watchers last year.. i got sick of the chicken too! haha!... pro points works 100% and you can have what you want as long as you point it :)

Hi Hollie, yes chicken fatigue on Dukan sets in really fast. It works brilliantly and the weight loss is so fast, the trouble is, one tiny slip and you have a massive gain. It has messed with my head quite alot and i've forgotten what normal eating is, hence my all or nothing, starve or binge attitude to food. I figured WW is the closest thing to eating normally and i know it works as did it years ago, just have to get used to the fact that the weight loss is alot slower.

From your stats it looks like you are looking to loose a stone by christmas too, easily achievable i reckon! Good luck x

Yes well ive been saying it for the last couple of months lol! Trying to get back on the weight watchers wagon, i was so close to goal this time last year xx

Day 2, decided on making a chicken and bacon cheesy pasta bake for dinner. Was quite nice but god, so high in points for a small portion! Won't do that again! Everything was going fine till about 9pm last night when i binged on chocolate again:17729:! Grrrrr, so cross with myself! However, normally i'd brush it under the carpet and pretend it hadn't happened, or carried on binging for the rest of the week as i'd ruined it anyway. Not today though, have woken up determind and pointed it all. I now have 25 weeklies left, this means not enough for fri & sat wine but i can still have one bottle.

I have been single for 3 1/2 years now and every other weekend my boys go to their Dads. It's my weekend off so i like to go out and spend time with my friends. This always results in too much wine! I'll either have to have just one night out or have just veg for food and use my points on wine :gimi:

Yes well ive been saying it for the last couple of months lol! Trying to get back on the weight watchers wagon, i was so close to goal this time last year xx

At least your still saying it and haven't given up! It's so hard to get back on track, i'm sure you can do it though!

Back