Stopping the yoyo and shedding half a stone.....

Whitey27

Silver Member
Right, after putting a pound on this week :mad: and subsequently binging today (because that is obviously going to help matters) I have decided to start a weight loss diary and write it all down in the hope that it will keep me committed and get me out of my current self destructive pattern..... So starting tomorrow, I am ready!! If anyone has any hints, tips, suggestions or comments along the way then feel free to chip (SW compliant obviously) in!! xxxx

Hi there can't wait to see your progress I've found writing a diary on here has really helped. Who hasn't gone a bit off track but you could have carried on (I've been guilty of that kinda just put on the last 2 yrs!) so it's really good your making positive changes hopefully we can support each other to change our patterns as I need all the help i can get at times! xx

Hi Pat, thanks for the support - I will have to check out your diary too for some tips. And you're right - at least we're taking positive steps!

So I am off to a good start - big bowl of berries and a ML for breakfast, yum!

Think its going to be a red day today.....

moo64 said:
This really worked for me. But instead of concentrating on not eating certain foods I concentrated on eating 5 fruit and veg a day. Fitting these in meant I didn't have much space for much 'bad' foods. It's really interesting reading back and seeing what I've eaten.
Good luck! :)

That's a good tip.... Usually eat a lot of fruit but should have more veg I guess

Ok dokey diary..... other meals today were:

Lunch - large chicken and param ham salad with peas, broccoli and red cabbage (3 syns)
Snacks - five scan bran with five laughing cow light slices (HEA and HEB)
Dinner - prawn stir fry with sweet chili sauce (five syns) and brown rice (HEB)

Boom! Within syns and managed a red day - pat on the back time...

Also managed a gym session with the boyf - feeling good :)

I always find it useful to write about what you've eaten- it helps me stay on the straight and narrow- he he!

Right am stopping for a quick diary update to summarise today's food so far as managed to forget some of it yesterday:

B - big fruit salad from pret and a ml
Snacks - high fi bar (heb) and 2 clementines
Lunch - big bowl of pasta with pesto (10 syns - pesto is v bad!)

Regretting eating all the pasta now - think eating at my desk when I'm hungry and busy is a v bad idea!

Run/gym tonight although aching from yesterday and feeling tired.... Xx

Have decided I am eating more than I thought.... in summary:

B - Fruit and ML
Snacks - Hi fi bar and two nectarines
Lunch - pasta and pesto (i think six syns - probably optimistic), ML and small choccy biscuit (3 syns)
Dinner - omlette with tomatos and onion

Hmm, might have to have some scan bran and laughing cow for my second HEB..... Don't know what is wrong with me - feeling very emotional.... ate too much pasta at lunch but feel pround of myself for eating a proper dinner as I usually just pick at rubbish when I feel like that and end up eating a load of rubbish.....

ok drum roll please... today's food (assuming there has been no secret eating):

EE

- Breakfast - big fruit salad, ML and 3 scan bran
- Lunch - chicken and rice
- Dinner - ML
- Snacks - two more scan bran and a high fi bar...............

BUT - Lots and lots of booze - had a work night out and had to go as am new and felt like I had to be social - dear oh dear - really hope it doesnt mess things up for the whole week! Night night all - hope youre having a good friday xxx

ok been very naughty and havent written my diary for a couple of days - been keeping a copy in a notebook but havent uploaded as have been v busy at work.... feeling all stressed and emotional as I'm due on - rubbish!! Anyway, weighed in today and lost 1lb which isnt bad considering im due on and always get really bloated. Had a day "off piste" today which involved cadburys buttons and two large glasses of vino but am going to get myself back on track tomorrow.....

anyway, off to bed now but its soooo warm! sleep tight everyone xxx:4635:

Back