Stupidity

Miss Mango

Little Miss Wii Fit!
I don't know if this is just me but I'm getting heart sick of sheer stupidity on this tv now.
Don't get me wrong folks, I can be as silly as anything when I want to be but the tv is getting worse for the sort of silliness which is just cringe worthy and totally unfunny. I'm getting a bit fed up with it, they seem to treat us like we're all morons out here with no brains. Every channel I have put on today has has some sort of idiot in it and its really irritating my mind.

I'm also fed up of overly confident, big mouthed, loud, over bearing people on my screen. They're getting worse too, constantly shouting on and thinking they're the bee's knees.

Sorry folks, I needed an old womans moan :D :D :D Vent over :p

And that is the very reason I have hardly tuned in in the last few years. CSI is about the only show I will sit and watch with any regularity and I haven't caught that since last Sunday. Had a look at xfactor online and will probably catch a few but wont be upset if i miss it. Reality and way too many talent shows have killed TV I reckon. Maybe I'm just getting old....

Ah I wasnt saying you had to be old to moan but that I think you have to be younger to like much of whats on TV these days. I dread to think what TV will be like in another 20 years time.

OOoo! Didn't know you had to be old to have a moan. Mind you now that you mention it, I have gotten worse this last few years.:D
Still, know what you mean about the rubbish Tv progs. Often have it on and do other things like coming on here as well, which is much more interesting -- And I can have a moan! lol!
I hardly have the tv in my bedroom on now, I use it for my Wii games. My parents have Sky+ downstairs so I often flick through that and I'm just heart sick of the stupidity I see all the time - no wonder the kids these days don't know how to act nicely with people like Dick & Dom on their tv shows.

I think reality shows have spoiled tv - also I miss adverts that used to be on when I was little with catchy little theme songs and cute stories to them. You only get ad's for loan companies, sell your gold and compensation firms now, as heaven forbid a chocolate bar or pie should get advertised.

Also this new idea of those damned beating drums in all of the programmes now, drives me insane and to distraction, I can bearly concentrate or hear the voices for their ridiculous "backing music" which doesn't add affect, it only makes your nerves jangle.

I'm preferring to watch old shows from the 70's, 80's and 90's - no annoying background music and no idiots (well maybe a couple :p But they're bearable idiots)

The tv now just seems full of noise, distraction, irritation and a mess of everything. Agggh! Drives me insane!!

And that is the very reason I have hardly tuned in in the last few years. CSI is about the only show I will sit and watch with any regularity and I haven't caught that since last Sunday. Had a look at xfactor online and will probably catch a few but wont be upset if i miss it. Reality and way too many talent shows have killed TV I reckon. Maybe I'm just getting old....
You're right there - reality shows make me sick - there are too many of them now and its getting stupid. If I have to see Simon Cowell's botoxed face anymore I'm gonna scream :D

Seemingly the women on tv now have to look like they've been batted in the mouth with a bat and their lips have swollen up - whats with the trout pout pose they all do?! They're all lips and false teeth :cool:

agreed here too. i mainly watch things like time team, coast, countryfile etc. i do like QI, and am afraid to say come dine with me, but compared to most folks these days i would say i don't watch a lot. i have the radio or music on, or just peace and quiet.

i hate the fact that people seem to have childrens tv on all day everyday!

agreed here too. i mainly watch things like time team, coast, countryfile etc. i do like QI, and am afraid to say come dine with me, but compared to most folks these days i would say i don't watch a lot. i have the radio or music on, or just peace and quiet.

i hate the fact that people seem to have childrens tv on all day everyday!
I like all those shows too, even though I'm only 25 and people might think its "sad" that I watch them but I don't care. I also Like Springwatch and Autumnwatch. Don't be guilty about Come Dine with Me, I like that too :D

Oooh I love love love trashy TV!!! Not ashamed to admit it - though have to be in the mood or it grates on me.

Makes my friends and family laugh as they don't know which Toots they'll get from day to day. The one is riled up by which X-factor contestant who needs the boot or the one who bores them with Egyptology / historical trivia :D

xxx

Don't worry Miss Mango, I am going to be 25 soon (10 days!) and I am like this. I don't really watch TV although I make sure to download the stuff I do want to watch so I dont have do deal with mind numbing adverts either.

Although I draw the line at Spring/Autumnwatch :p

Oooh I love love love trashy TV!!! Not ashamed to admit it - though have to be in the mood or it grates on me.

Makes my friends and family laugh as they don't know which Toots they'll get from day to day. The one is riled up by which X-factor contestant who needs the boot or the one who bores them with Egyptology / historical trivia :D

xxx
Haha this made me laugh :D I get heart sick of X Factor as I think its all set up's and publicity seeking stuff from the judges. I do like wor Cheryl though (fellow Geordie and all that) :D I don't even watch the show anymore, I just loosely follow the news online.

After seeing those Sam and Mark pair on CBBC the other day I was outraged - they're a pair of idiots too :rolleyes: No wonder the kids act stupid now. I much preferred Gordon the Gopher :p

Don't worry Miss Mango, I am going to be 25 soon (10 days!) and I am like this. I don't really watch TV although I make sure to download the stuff I do want to watch so I dont have do deal with mind numbing adverts either.

Although I draw the line at Spring/Autumnwatch :p
Aggh don't get me started on the adverts - they drive me up the wall :D You're 25 too so will remember the ads from when we were little, they were much nicer then, we got cute little jingles and memorable little slogans. We don't get food advertised now of course and only get the loan ads repeated every ad break.

I've forgotton to watch Autumnwatch this time :p I only watch it as Kate and Chris are interesting with their antics :D
Thats another thing, I forget shows are on now as they're constantly changing the times of things - flipping well annoying, nothing seems to be at a set time weekly anymore!

Back