Sw crisps

So there's a few versions

mine is this

5 sheets of lasagne - place in boling water and let them soften for about 10 mins
Drain them off and dry them a bit

Cut them into triangle shapes and spray with friy light on both sides, season with salt and pepper( i add bbq seasoning too)

Put them on a oven try for abt 10 -15 mins or until theyre golden brown on 200 keep an eye on them if youre oven is tempramental like mine

Let them cool and then happy muching...I eat them while theyre still quite warm with my cheesey dip

1/2 tub quark, 5 laughing cow light HEA, 1/4 clove garlic, chopped chives, mix all together and hey presto!!

Just be aware that these are not syn free so you would probably be best just having the real thing.

i thought with using pasta on a green day these would be free? They used to be when i went to class :(

The idea is that if your using foods not as they are intended then you'll consume more of them and they won't be as filling and satisfying as if you had eaten them in their natural state-

In reality you wouldn't eat 5 or 6 sheets of pasta, however if they are crispy you could easily do it, the same goes for couscous cake- it's incredibly easy to consume a large amount of couscous in the compact cake but if you cooked it as couscous should be you probably wouldn't eat half of the amount.

I would say use common sense, in my group we need not to syn the pasta crisps or couscous cake providing it doesn't appear to be affecting our weightless, however if we gain or stay the same then we have our reason and have to cut it out or syn it.

One of the ladies in my group lost 5 stone and she lives on pasta crisps and never syns them.....

Just be careful.

xxxx

Hey look all you need to do is be sensible, just make them once a week and only use 2-3 sheets as that's what you would eat in a lasagne.

I do Green once a week on a Friday

2 x weetabix
250ml SS milk
1 x Chicken mugshot
1 x Total 0% Greek yogurt with passion fruit mixed in
Slimming world chips, eggs, 90g Ham
2x pasta sheets made into pasta crisps drizzled with Marmite (randomly taste just like Twiglets)

1x Glass of Red 125ml - 4.5 Syn's

I'm more then full, just do green once a week especially if your body is a carb hoarder like mine!!

So think its just being sensible.

PHP:
[PHP]
[/PHP]

From the SW website

Are Cous-cous cake and lasagne sheet doritos syn free?

You might be disappointed to hear that they’re not. Because changing the use of a food can make it easier to over-eat, to protect your weight loss they become Synned.

When foods like pasta, rice and grains are used in their original form they’re low in energy density (calories), bulky, appetite-satisfying foods. Pasta, couscous and rice are usually the main ingredient in a meal packed with other Free Foods – giving it sufficient bulk to be satisfying as a meal in itself. However, when ground down, used as flour (like in couscous cake), seasoned crisps (like Doritos) or puréed (like smoothies) they’re often used as additions to a main meal… and on top of your day’s Syns. It is a very effective way of adding a lot of extra calories in a non-bulky way, and as such would then be counted as Syns.

Back