swimsuit opinions please!

MommyNOriana

I am 5'4 and currently weigh 146 lbs. I want to buy a swimsuit for the summer. I haven't worn a swimsuit since 2002. I'm assuming I'll have lost more weight be then. Maybe another stone if I'm lucky?

Anyway. Need opinions on these suits. I think they will be flattering but not sure of which one (or both??) to get! Also comment on which color u like best. I have semi-pale skin but do tan in the sun. And my hair is a very dark strawberry blond with red brown highlights. My profile pic is from summer so its prob more blonde then.

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=810732002&desktopSiteActive=true

Clothes for women, men, kids and baby | Free Shipping on $50 | Old Navy

Definitely THIS one!It will be very flattering and I would go for the pink dots.It will look great with a tan.I have similar colouring skinwise,but darker blonde hair and that colour suits me well.Black is elegant,but not as nice as pink,unless you get both ,one in each colour.The tankini things are not so flattering and i find them uncomfortable too.
Have fun anyway!
Carrie X

Last edited:
I find those two piece ones to be really annoying - I'm forever pulling mine down. So I'd go with the one-piece - it's a really nice shape.

Black is the most flattering, but personally, my first thought if I see someone wearing a black all in one, is that they mustn't feel very confident. Coz that's what I'd prefer to wear...

So I wear a bright pink one. :) (Sometimes you just have to go against your own grain.) It looks better against a tan anyway. Go for the pink spotty one - it's such a cheerful, cheeky, cute one one!:D

Thanks guys! The pink one is only available in large. I was going to buy a medium but perhaps I'll buy it anyway. Might buy both

I too love the pink one, you'll look fab in it. Could you wait to see if they get some in a medium.

Pink Spots hit the spot lol. Like it a lot and the style is so flattering.

At 146 lbs and 5' 4" you will look stunning in this style no matter what the colour.

Definitely worth asking them if they are restocking. If not surf and surf until you find one like it.

Oh, that's really cool!. I'd love to be able to make me own clothes. You'll have to put up some photos when you have them finished!

Well I'll try the large in the pink. If I'm swimming in it I'll look for something different!

Back