Syn free and low syn pot noodle recipes!

LuhLuhLoser

4. 8. 15. 16. 23. 42.
Hello there! Apologies in advance if this is common knowledge or anything but I was just watching Mr. Hugh Fernleywhitingstallsomething and he was making these instant pot noodles for quick lunches and I noticed that they would be very easily made either syn free or low syn. They also look quite yummy!

I adapted the idea and made a syn free curry 'pot noodle' so here's the recipe:

A handful or so of dried noodles (I used wholewheat noodles but I think they'd work better with dried egg noodles)
A chicken oxo cube
Tbs of curry powder
Boiling hot water
Splash of soy sauce (optional)
Teaspoon of tomato puree (optional)
A few dried chilli flakes (optional)

Place the dried noodles, oxo cube and curry powder in a pot or somekind (I used a kitchen jug but shall be saving all plastic soup pots from now on) and boil the kettle. Fill the pot until the noodles are just about covered. Stir until everythings combined and then cover and leave for a couple of minutes! I added the puree, soy and chilli to thicken the sauce a little and also whacked them in the microwave for an extra minute as they were a little al dente but I figured this was because they are wholewheat noodles.

Et voilà! A pretty tasty and quick free snack. You could really experiment with different seasonings, stock etc and also add finely sliced vegetables to get some superfree in there. I'm going to buy some plastic cartons to make a few different flavours and keep them for work lunches. :)

This is the original recipe Chorizo and tomato instant noodles recipe - Channel4 - 4Food if anyone wants to try it!

LuhLuhLoser said:
Hello there! Apologies in advance if this is common knowledge or anything but I was just watching Mr. Hugh Fernleywhitingstallsomething and he was making these instant pot noodles for quick lunches and I noticed that they would be very easily made either syn free or low syn. They also look quite yummy!

I adapted the idea and made a syn free curry 'pot noodle' so here's the recipe:
A handful or so of dried noodles (I used wholewheat noodles but I think they'd work better with dried egg noodles)
A chicken oxo cube
Tbs of curry powder
Boiling hot water
Splash of soy sauce (optional)
Teaspoon of tomato puree (optional)
A few dried chilli flakes (optional)

Place the dried noodles, oxo cube and curry powder in a pot or somekind (I used a kitchen jug but shall be saving all plastic soup pots from now on) and boil the kettle. Fill the pot until the noodles are just about covered. Stir until everythings combined and then cover and leave for a couple of minutes! I added the puree, soy and chilli to thicken the sauce a little and also whacked them in the microwave for an extra minute as they were a little al dente but I figured this was because they are wholewheat noodles.

Et voilà! A pretty tasty and quick free snack. You could really experiment with different seasonings, stock etc and also add finely sliced vegetables to get some superfree in there. I'm going to buy some plastic cartons to make a few different flavours and keep them for work lunches. :)

This is the original recipe Chorizo and tomato instant noodles recipe - Channel4 - 4Food if anyone wants to try it!

Sounds brilliant x

Thank you, my inspiration for a quick and not so heavy dinner as its weigh in day tomorrow. This with a roasted pepper to make up my 1/3. x

Just to mention, I made this but I just put curry power made very tasty curry flavour noodles.

Back