1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice

Syns help needed

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by lucyhollie, 12 April 2014 Social URL.

1. lucyhollie

lucyhollie New Member

Hiya

In need of help please

How many syns in 5 squares of whole nut Cadbury chocolate please I can't find out the info anywhere!!:(

Thank you for you help in advanced x x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Minimunchkins

Minimunchkins Well-Known Member

lucyhollie - as it's chocolate (biscuits, cake, alcohol etc) there's no free food allowance so you use the 1 syn for every 20 cals rule.

Look at the NV on the pack, divide the calories by the number of squares in the whole pack, then multiply your answer by 5 (the number you had/intend to have) then finally divide by 20. That'll be the number of syns.

4. elsie75

elsie75 Member

hello could anyone help me ... i have just gone back to slimming world ... have all my old books but cant at the moment afford to go to meetings... so my lovley SW i phone app that was great for working out syns is now not working as i dont have membership.
    I have seen a chart online on someones blog about the 20 cal 1 syn rule ??? breaking down calorie brackets to syn values .. ie 5 cal to 14 cal =1/2 syn ... 25 cal - 34 cal = 1 1/2 syns .... does this work out ?
    I know it becomes complicated if the product contains a free food... but i want to be able to work out crisps, salad dressings, treats etc so i just need help with that really
    thank you