Tapas style recipe ideas please?

Applekath

Gold Member
Hey there. Got my boys sister and brother inlaw round weds for dinner. We only have a big coffee table so thought tapas type food would be a winner for a relaxed feel.

Got the flavours of the world book and have chosen to do patatas bravas, tortilla and the prawns. Will also do some SW dips, Parma ham and salad.

If any of you lovely people have any other ideas I'd be really grateful. I've done the jamie tapas before but it's not all SW friendly. I want to stick to plan but also impress!

Thank you :cool:

I havnt got any receipes, but you could make them sw friendly, I love meatballs in tomato sauce and how about some garlic mushrooms? Baked aubergine with hex cheese?. Yum love tapas.

Ahhh of course! There is a meatball recipe in there too!

Excellent thank you. Not sure how I could make the garlic mushrooms though, one is dairy intolerant so I'd normally do them with olive oil for her.. hmmmm wonder if fry light and shed loads of garlic would be enough. Got the next week off so might to sit and get my thinking cap on and search this site a bit more but anymore ideas are really welcome.

Will also get some nice bread and dipping oils for them. I've been off bread for years apart from the odd bit so won't feel deprived if I don't have that. I'd rather have olives and stuffed peppers!

Wow! Tapas! You got me craving right now. That's one of my favorite comfort food. I make sure that I use wheat bread on it. LoL:D

Thanks fibsey. Tbh, it's selective dairy intolerance as she loves cheese and puts up with the tummy upset. Bit like me with wheat, I know I'm in for it if I have too much pasta or bread. It's not life threatening lol

Think I'm sorted now....

Nibbles will be sw dips and crudités, olives and bread and oil for the others.

Then tortilla, ham, salad, green beans dish, patatas bravas, gambas and meatballs all from sw flavours of the world book.

It was a hit and nobody would have known it was mostly sw :)

Back