Tapas - What is it and is anything SW friendly?

I have been asked to come out to a Tapas bar, and I'm not even sure if I will go yet, but I don't really know what Tapas even is :eek:
I was always of the impression that it was small nibble type things that you just nibbled on while having drinks, but the invitation made it sound like going out for a meal:confused: but when you go to a tapas bar what do you order? For example do you have to order lots of dishes if it is nibbles??:confused:
I can imagine its not very SW friendly either?
If anyone can help to give me an idea of what to expect, that would be great!
As i said I'm not sure I will even go yet.
Thanks

I love Tapas....and i'm yet to find anything SW friendly :eek:.
Basically you order loads of little dishes and you have a plate and just pick bits from the dishes. Well that's how I do it anyway....means you get a bit more variety ;).

mmmm, sounds nice. I'm not sure I'd be very good around that then, a bit like buffet food, if I'm left to pick at things I tend to eat more than if it was a set portion.
Thanks very much for that, at least I have an idea about it now, and can make a decision as to whether to go or not.
Thanks again x

MissChocChip said:
mmmm, sounds nice. I'm not sure I'd be very good around that then, a bit like buffet food, if I'm left to pick at things I tend to eat more than if it was a set portion.
Thanks very much for that, at least I have an idea about it now, and can make a decision as to whether to go or not.
Thanks again x

Look at la taska menu online,they usually do a set menu choice for £10 ish. You don't actually get loads per dish or you can have paella or other main meals? It's a while since I've been,and wouldn't have a clue about syns.

Back