Target weight - help

It's completely personal, some people have an idea right from the start what they want to weigh and some people don't know until they're there.

If you decide on a target weight then you can just tell whoever weighs you in and they'll add it, or if you want you can wait until you're happy with your weight and tell them to set it there and then as your target weight.

I set mine the day I joined, but then when I hit my target I changed it again straight away as I still wasn't happy, I'm in my target range and so happy I changed it as the last 7lbs although hard to get off made all the difference to me.

If it helps, I don't have a "target" either. I have never been slim, or been happy with my size, so I have no idea what to aim for. I have mini-aims along the way to help me stay focused, but I think I will just know when I'm at my happiest size/weight.

I haven't set my target yet but imagine it will be somewhere in the middle of my healthy bmi range... But that's so far away I'm going for mini goals for now :)

I think the best thing may be to set yourself mini targets until you feel happy and comfortable, and that way you can stay more focused as success isn't too far away :)

I havnt got a target really either. 11st is the highest weight at the bmi scale for my height but it just seems so ages away lol ill just plod on until I get where I'm happy wether that is 12 stone or 11 stone who cares its better than being nearly 20st when I started.
I've never been slim in my adult life can remember being 13st when I was about 13 and I can't remember really weighing myself apart from at the doctors.

Nobody tells you what your target is and nobody tells you to make one at slimming world, that's the good thing about it :)

My target is lose weight until I get pregnant lol ;)

In terms of weight I picked 10st which is in the middle of the healthy BMI range for my weight. I can't imagine being 10st but it'll be interesting to find out if I can do it!

There are min weight ranges in you pack, think its in your body magic one. Can give you an idea of healthy BMI for your height.

5 weeks to Ibiza. SW all the way!

I set a target but sailed straight past it so reset but again I couldn't maintain it so I am on my 3rd target and find that my body appears happy with this weight, I have maintained now for a few weeks, I think your body will let you know when it's happy!

lardylady said:
I have put 11st 5lb as my target, as it's 1lb under the maximum weight for a healthy BMI for my height.

Ha ha ive done exactly the Same i just wanted to have a "healthy bmi" so its the most i can weigh for my height and a bmi OF 24.9 :) Silly i know wanting to be in the healthy weight range on a chart

I have set a vague target, but am just going to take it as it comes. I am 12st 5lbs and a size 12 now. My aim was always to make it into a size 12, so that's done, but I'm not happy with my current weight, I could do with losing a bit more off my tummy, so I will keep going till i reach the point where I feel comfortable.

Back