TARGET!!! Woo hoo!!!

sarahm85

Silver Member
I honestly cannot believe that I've reached my target - and I'm 1lb under! I've felt so much better about myself for some time now since losing weight, but being able to say I weigh under 10 stone (just!) is amazing!

It's taken me over a year to target, which some of you might think is a long time, but for me I've taken it slowly and enjoyed every bit of my SW journey. SW is a plan for life now, yes I might have the odd day off plan but I know exactly how to get back on it.

When I think back to when I was overweight, I was kidding myself. I pretended that I was happy when deep down I really cared about being overweight. However I didn't do anything about it. I thought I was destined to be fat for the rest of my life, and as a result the weight very slowly crept on. Four years ago I met my OH-now-fiance, and my weight shot up even more because I knew he loved me whatever my size. When I finally stepped on the scales at my parents' house, I was shocked at the numbers showing 13 stone and decided there and then that I was going to do something about it. I feel so much happier about myself and have a lot more confidence. A few years ago I would never dreamt I'd train to be a teacher, but SW gave me the confidence to go for it.

It's certainly not been easy, I've had many days, weeks even, when my SW mojo has disappeared off the face of the earth for various reasons. But then I remembered why I want to do this. I know this is something vital I will need to keep doing for maintenance!

One last thing I want to say, doing SW from home without no group support has only been successful because of the wonderful support on here. This forum is absolutely fantastic with some lovely people who take the time to help those in need. The posts on here are touching, inspiring, hilarious and supportive - I know I'll still be coming on here when I need maintenance help and hope I can offer words of wisdom to those in need.
Thank you all so much - I really don't think I could have done it without you all!

Keep up the hard work everyone!!!

Sarah xx

Incredibly well done hun. Even more so for doing it on your own!
Enjoy the wonderful feeling of being at target. xx

Well done on reaching target

Well done on reaching (and passing!!!) your target! Posts like these are great to read - inspiration to the rest of us!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Thats fantastic, well done on reaching your goal and you're a massive inspeeration to us 'newbies' who have a way to go - it proves the SW plan does work!

Wishing all the best for the future now you're at goal - well done! xx

Many congratulations on getting to target hun!! I'm sure many of us can relate to what you said about being in denial, being with someone who loves us whatever size we are but really being unhappy and unconfident underneath it all!! 1 year is not a long time in the grand scheme of things if you think about how many more years you could have lived in denial, wanting to do something about it but not having the guts to take that first step (and probably adding quite a few pounds to your portfolio!) I've been at this 1 year now and have some way to go yet but I'm personally really glad I'm doing it this way because like you I feel I've learnt to develop long term positive habits and I too have finally learnt the knack of getting back on track after a bad day (or week!). I'm so pleased for you, for feeling great, having gained the confidence to do new things that have previously held you back (going into teaching) and most of all for doing it for yourself!! HUGS XXXXX

well done on reaching target yove done really well. reading your post was just what i needed this morning ive been struggling and restarting for a couple of months now your post has just inspired me to carry on xx

Woo Hoo!! Well done :) Im loving SW and as it seems target is forever its nice hearing about people who are there!

Thank you for all your lovely posts :)

All I can say is trust the plan, it definitely works. Target might seem a long way away and I can totally relate to that feeling that where it seems you'll never reach your end weight. Just keep on going and enjoy the SW journey - with every 1lb lost you're 1lb closer to reaching your goal and they soon add up!

congratulations!!! huge well done on reaching target!!! xxx

Back