Tesco crusty wholemeal bread

mechmanuk

johnboy
Sorry buy wholemeal flour is not a standard HEB and would need to be synned I'm afraid. That said, Tesco crusty wholemeal bread mix has been accepted as a HEB by SW and can be used for bread/rolls/pizza. Off the top of my head it is about 37g of bread mix for a HEB

Just searched this and wondered, i Bought some of this last night for a pizza base but what else can i do with it, anyone with ideas would be greatly appreciated please.

:) going to make a pizza using this as a base

laetissimus said:
:) going to make a pizza using this as a base

I have done this as 2 HEB after reading a very old post on here. Somebody on Minimins had this approved. I am so sorry that I can't recall her name :(

Tastes very yummy

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Made the pizza base and it was delish - family all had norm pizzas but tried mine - They loved it so agreed to have the same as me next time we have pizza = Result! = less cooking and healthier for everyone :D
Topped mine with SW Bbq sauce,very finely chopped onions,mush,peppers,
tomato slices, sprinkle of Low Fat cheese, small amount of Low Fat Mozzarella,Ham & Chicken. Absolutely delicious ( The bbq sauce gives it a lovely flavour )

laetissimus said:
Made the pizza base and it was delish - family all had norm pizzas but tried mine - They loved it so agreed to have the same as me next time we have pizza = Result! = less cooking and healthier for everyone :D
Topped mine with SW Bbq sauce,very finely chopped onions,mush,peppers,
tomato slices, sprinkle of Low Fat cheese, small amount of Low Fat Mozzarella,Ham & Chicken. Absolutely delicious ( The bbq sauce gives it a lovely flavour )

Hey sorry if I sound stupid but I just brought some of this to make a pizza as myself and my husband are really craving pizza and he keeps asking for a MASSIVE mexicaro pizza with a garlic cheese bread yummmmmmmm but I can't give it lol

So how do I make the base and then do I have to cook it then add the ingredients on top as I have never made a pizza x

Make as says on packet for rolls/bread - leave to rise etc as instructions - roll out round to make your pizza base ( on a fry lighted baking tray ) add your sauce and all your toppings and cook for approx half hour at 150 ish - just keep an eye so doesn't overcook ( I chop my onions very finely ) ( i also fry off my mush and bacon first before adding as a topping to get rid of any excess juices which could make your base soggy ) x

Laura_carlburgess said:
So is 37g of bread mix one HEB portion? Think I am finally going to give this a go :) x

Yes would be 1 HEB for 37g bread mix but check as could b 3 syns as well - think it was Vixter who had it approved by SW.

So is 37g of bread mix one HEB portion? Think I am finally going to give this a go :) x

Copied this of Vixxster's blog, hope she doesn't mind

For a 2 HEb pizza base

You are looking for Tesco Crusty Wholemeal Bread Mix.

You can use these quantities as ‘free’ on a red or a green day because they are the equivalent of 2 HEbs. Just stick to your green or red day rules when you add your toppings, eg no sweecorn on red days, no meat on green etc.

If you use this on an EE day, then count 1HEb and 6 syns.

Don’t forget to count your cheese as a HEa to ensure totally syn free!

Take 75g of your wholemeal bread mix, save approximately 5g for dusting and add approximately 60-70ml of water til you form a dough. Knead according to instructions. This, when cooked, will make a base of approximately 115g in weight, which is 2HEbs.

When the dough has risen/rested for the required time, flatten with a rolling pin or, as I do, use the base of your hand for a more rustic base, using your leftover dusting mix to ensure your base doesn’t stick to the breadboard or chopping board.

Put the base into your baking tray and then top with a thin layer of passata (I like to add paprika and oregano to mine). Sprinkle on a little bit of cheese, it’s up to you whether you use 1 or 2 servings of mozzarella, don’t forget 1 serving of mozzarella is 42g or you can have 8 of those low fat President’s Light mozzarella balls per HEa. If you just want regular mozzarella, Iceland do a very reasonable bag of pizza cheese for just £2. The ingredients list says that it is mozzarella so I have used 42g of it as a HEa until someone tells me different. I have also used the Tesco Healthy Living mozzarella ball, which is really nice too.

Add your free or superfree toppings, making sure they are all cooked first because foods such as mushrooms and bacon are very watery and you don’t want soggy pizza base.

The packet says to cook on two hundred and something but after trial and error I have found that cooking your pizza on 150-180 for 20-30 minutes (depending on size of pizza) gives you a crust with decent bite without being burnt.

If you have done this right, your pizza should fit comfortably inside the inner ring of a standard dinner plate.

I would say that just to be on the extra extra angelic side, make sure you do have a couple of syns left over from your day to makeup for any approximation in your mix quantities (eg if you make it too sloppy by mistake and need to add a little more mix to even out the texture)

Hope this helps. If anyone has any other hints and tips, or would like to post pizza photos please do share them here!

I'm half way through making the pizza bases, the tomato sauce has reduced and the veggies are chopped so I decide to work out how many syns I'm intending to use. Get out the book and start looking things up then a lightening bolt hits me :d'oh

Today I've only eaten fruit & yogurt so far, so if I make it a red day then I can have the pizza base (2x hexB), double cheese (2x hexA) and unlimited meat and veg as toppings????

Someone please tell me I'm right and this would be totally syn free, which leaves me free to enjoy a few voddies tonight.

Need clarification cos I'm an EE girl and still struggle with the rules for red & green days.

Yep that sounds fine!

Woohooo!!! Thanks Circes.

The pizzas are in the oven now and they are def what I would call "fully loaded". :D

Think maybe next time I'll syn the pizza base and stick with EE rules so I can have a few SW chips with it.

Now, time to clean up the kitchen cos it looks like a bomb has hit it! lol

Ok here is my attempt at this!!
Was ok but not sure it's worth the 2 A's & 2 B's though X

Attachments

• image-3639398292.jpg
    image-3639398292.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 211
pjplatts said:
Ok here is my attempt at this!!
Was ok but not sure it's worth the 2 A's & 2 B's though X

That looks amazing :) yummmy

I am half way there to making this...have actually brought the flour just haven't attempted it yet cause I am not entirely sure how it's going to end up like. I shall try for Saturday night thou....perhaps :)

Back