Tesco Finest Restaurant Collection, Peppercorn Beef with Armagnac Sauce - free???

jane76

Silver Member
someone posted in the new discovery thread about this being free on green and EE - Tesco Finest Restaurant Collection, Peppercorn Beef with Armagnac Sauce, chilled ~~, 550g pack

i bought it when i was in tesco today and it looks lovely... in fact too lovely as the sauce is made with double cream:eek:

can someone double check on the calculator please - i cant get to a class to dont have access

package size - 450g

per half packet - 310 cal, 1.4g sugar, 5.1g fat, 2.4g sat, 1.4g salt

fantastic news if its free but i cant see how it could be:confused:

desperate to know if im able to have this for my dinner tonight...im starving lol can anyone confirm if its free or not?

well ive now ate it so i really hope it was free......

Jane, the actual listing on the syn value site was

Tesco Finest Restaurant Collection, Peppercorn Beef with Armagnac Sauce, chilled ~~, 550g pack
EE Free Original Free Green 38 1/2

So not free on green as you put above. Now seems to have been removed from the listings so dont know if it is correct or not.

To look this up on the calculator you need calories, protein, carbs and fat so we would need the protein details to put it through. Do you still have the packet?

Last edited:
thanks hannah dont know why i wrote green lol i would be realllly surprised if it was free on green lol, i have a look for the package think i might have thrown it in the outside bin but ill have a look and let you know the details if ive got them.

it was absolutely delicious but the fact that it had double cream is telling me thats its been an error on the website:confused: and its not free at all:(

It might have had cream in it, but I wouldn't have thought it would be much. The majority of this dish would have been meat, percentage wise I bet there was minimal cream.
If it said it was free, it probably would have been!

i threw the packaging out and didnt fancy rumaging around in the bin in the pouring rain lol so ive got it from tesco website:

per half packed Protein 50.2g

thanks in advance x

fantastic news that its free, ill def be having it again:) hope you dont think i doubted you hannah its just that SW still surprises me with some of the free foods available lol so good news all round:)

fantastic news that its free, ill def be having it again:) hope you dont think i doubted you hannah its just that SW still surprises me with some of the free foods available lol so good news all round:)

Oh no Jane, I dont think that at all, I was worried too when I couldnt find it again on the search so it is good news that it is still free :D

Back