Texting for the older generation

WelshJojo

Gold Member
The kids have all their little SMS codes, like BFF, WTF, LOL etc. So here are some codes for the more mature.......

ATD - At the Doctor's
BFF - Best Friends Funeral
BTW - Bring the Wheelchair
FWIW - Forgot Where I Was
GGPBL - Gotta Go, Pacemaker Battery Low
GHA - Got Heartburn Again
HGBM - Had Good Bowel Movement
IMHO - Is My Hearing-Aid On?
WAITT - Who Am I Talkin To?
GGLKI - Gota Go, Laxative Kickin In!

:giggle: :giggle:

Edit:this was posted by my friend on Facebook-it was not meant to be offensive in any way, but some people obviously believe otherwise! I was going to delete what I typed but then people have 'quoted' it so it would be pointless :(

Last edited:
The kids have all their little SMS codes, like BFF, WTF, LOL etc. So here are some codes for the more mature.......

ATD - At the Doctor's

Now, now !!!! Very below the belt and one day you will be the older generation.:D

Never forget the older generation might be your neighbour one day ( me !!)

I hate ageism but am not offended at all by your humorous post as I can relate to most of it for the anciana ( old lady ) I keep my eye on. Shopping with her is a nightmare.

Of course I am no where near all that myself lol :D

I can't stand the text speak!!

Oh me too Jodie. I abhor it and as I am so ancient, do not understand most of it.

fillymum said:
Now, now !!!! Very below the belt and one day you will be the older generation.:D

Never forget the older generation might be your neighbour one day ( me !!)

I hate ageism but am not offended at all by your humorous post as I can relate to most of it for the anciana ( old lady ) I keep my eye on. Shopping with her is a nightmare.

Of course I am no where near all that myself lol :D

Oh me too Jodie. I abhor it and as I am so ancient, do not understand most of it.

It was not meant to be offensive in anyway, as it had been posted on fb as 'texting for over 30's which therefore includes me! As I'm nearly 33!

Welshtigger said:
It was not meant to be offensive in anyway, as it had been posted on fb as 'texting for over 30's which therefore includes me! As I'm nearly 33!

I don't think sue took it offensively Jo, I think her post was tongue in cheek x

I don't think sue took it offensively Jo, I think her post was tongue in cheek x

I agree it was tongue in cheek, just look at the smiley faces she put in there:D

My God as old as that lol !!!

You got that dead right !!! No offense given and none taken.

Old is good, dead is is bad,

To be old is a bonus . To be old and appreciate your humour Welshtigger is brilliant.

You forgot some so I will add them.:D

ATD – at the doctor.
BFF – best friend fell.
BTW -bring the wheelchair .
BYOT – bring your own teeth.
FWIW – forgot where I was.
GGPBL – gotta go, pacemaker battery low.
GHA – got heartburn again.
IMHO – is my hearing aid on?
LMDO -laughing my dentures out.
OMMR – on my massage recliner.
WIWYA – when I was your age.
ROFLACGU – rolling on floor laughing and can’t get up.

Now do not go too far !!! Enough is enough.

Old is good, old is absoblutely amazing........thank you God, I am old:33::26::23:

I'm only 20 and absolutely detest text speak!! It's so annoying :mad:

......me and my friend* who can clock up 148 years between us often say if you didn't laugh....... and I've just sent the list on to him. He'll especially like the ROFLACGU because we often face that problem!!
*yes, o.k., my friend and I, if you must:)

......me and my friend* who can clock up 148 years between us often say if you didn't laugh....... and I've just sent the list on to him. He'll especially like the ROFLACGU because we often face that problem!!
*yes, o.k., my friend and I, if you must:)

Blimey O'reilly your friend must be old!!!!:eek:

I'm joking no offence meant!

My friend and I clock up 106 years!

I'm 22 and also can't stand text speak! My friends complain because I write everything out in full sentences and they end up with texts that are about 4 pages long oops!

My aunt on the other hand is deaf and so text is her main form of communication and I think it's rare for her to actually spell out an entire word!

Hmmm...might just have to use some of those with my friends...:D

ATD - At the Doctor's

Edit:this was posted by my friend on Facebook-it was not meant to be offensive in any way, but some people obviously believe otherwise! I was going to delete what I typed but then people have 'quoted' it so it would be pointless :(

Excellent stuff!

Looking in the mirror this morning this one came to mind,

MPTHFMC must pluck the hairs from my chin..............

I am fast approaching the possibility of a career as a bearded lady:D

:33::26::23:

My mum can't even text cos the magnifying glass and sheet still doesn't make it readable lol!

Back