thai green curry??

lauraf

Hi everyone, could anyone help me out with the syn value for Sharwoods thai green curry, its the 415g jar. Thank you :D

18.5 on all plans.

Indeed!

By searching for that I found that a curry sauce I had used a while before starting SW is 42.5 syns!

I just looked it up and a tin of Blue Dragon light coconut milk is 7.5 syns... this means that for very low syns (compared to the above) you can make your own thai green curry!

I used to make it ALL the time before SW and now i know that it's only 7.5 syns for a whole tin of coconut milk I think i'll continue to make it!

For the paste you need...

A cube of ginger (I do everything by eye because it's my own recipe, no specifics, sorry!)
3 large garlic cloves
fresh coriander (I use the stalks for the paste and the leaves to add after for extra flavour)
anywhere between 3 and 8 birds eye chillis - you will have to work out what is good for you!
some lime juice
half a shallot
(I'm a veggie so I don't add this anymore, but it is so much better if you do) fish sauce

Blitz all of the above in a food processor - I do this so much that it has it's own little blender :)

Then in a pan add some oil or fry light and heat through - add all of the above paste except 1/2 a tsp and cook through with chicken, quorn, etc. Then add the coconut milk and some beaten up stalks of lemongrass.

Cook until the chicken is cooked through then stir through the last 1/2 tsp of paste - I just find it keeps it nice and fresh tasting!

And voila - you have a thai green curry. Serve with rice or noodles.

That sounds really great NSM!! Thanks for the recipe- I'll be trying it! You can't beat all those fresh thai ingredients- my fave type of food! I'll probably add some lemongrass too as I love it!X

There is lemon grass in there! If you have a look it's when I put the coconut milk in - don't put it in the paste because it can make it bitty. I only put it in the paste if it's the jar one and I didn't write that up there because I'm not sure if the jar one is 100% lemongrass - it might have some oil or something in it?

Kaffir lime leaves are also a great addition and before SW I'd add a few grains of palm sugar! Naughty, naughty!

Doh, sorry NSM!! That'll teach me to read properly!!lol!!! Didn't notice as I was too busy drooling over the paste ingredients! I can see what you mean about not adding it to the paste because it is quite hard isn't it!!XXX

Yeah, I find it can be quite sharp - I've had it stick in my gum before!

If you whizz up free ingredients, like the above, are they still free???

I just looked it up and a tin of Blue Dragon light coconut milk is 7.5 syns... this means that for very low syns (compared to the above) you can make your own thai green curry!

I used to make it ALL the time before SW and now i know that it's only 7.5 syns for a whole tin of coconut milk I think i'll continue to make it!

Just to avoid any confusion the rf coconut milk is only 7,5 syns for a 165g can. The full size can is

Blue Dragon Coconut Milk, Light, canned 400ml can

extraeasy.gif
17½ Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 17½ Syns
green.gif
Green 17½ Syns

Thank you! How on Earth did I manage to miss that?! My first SW boo-boo!

Sorry everyone!!!!!

Back