Thai Salmon & Prawn Burgers

Tayberry

Hi folks!

I've been a busy bee this morning-I usually get up at 5.30am cos my golden lab is a very early riser-always has been since he was a pup!!
Anyway, for anyone who likes Thai food, I made my own recipe for Thai style Prawn & Salmon burgers-easy peasy to make and real tasty with a ProPoint value of 8 for one serving. The ingredients I've used are for 1 person, so it can be easily doubled/quadrupled etc.

INGREDIENTS
125g fresh skinless salmon fillet
95g fresh king prawns
1/2tsp fresh grated ginger
Red chilli-I use about 1 tsp but you can make it hotter/ milder according to preference
1/2 lime-squeezed
1 very fat clove of garlic
1 tbsp chopped coriander-stalks and leaves(stalks have mega flavour)

METHOD
Blitz salmon and prawns in food processor, fling in everything else and mix. Lay out sheet of tinfoil then mould the salmon/prawn mixture into patties-I get about 4 nice sized "burgers". Wrap tinfoil around burgers to form a parcel. Bung in the oven Gas Mark 6/ 200oF for approx 20 mins and voila!! Serve with free veg and/or noodles/rice etc for extra PP.

P.S. I also make a soy sauce based dipping dressing which is 0PP but it mightn't be everyone's cup of tea!

1tbsp soy sauce
1tbsp white wine vinegar
Crushed chillies
Crushed garlic

This looks delicious - and the soy dressing is exactly my cup of tea! I'm going to try this at some stage. Thanks.

moonwatcher said:
This looks delicious - and the soy dressing is exactly my cup of tea! I'm going to try this at some stage. Thanks.

Oooh thanks!! I had them for tea last night with steamed broccoli and carrots!! Fandabidozee!! I have to say, the texture is a wee bit weird but they are delicious. I love the dipping sauce-it was a chef at a fab Chinese restaurant in Edinburgh who told me how to make it as I'd had it with little dumplings when I was there. I make the sauce all the time- goes great with prawns, chicken etc. I marinate the stuff in the sauce then bake in the oven or grill. I'm addicted!!

Back