The benefits of a professional bra fitting!

noodles1609

Having a very lovely life
Today I bit the bullet and went to Bravissimo to get fitted for a new bra. I've been putting it off as I'm a bit of a cheapskate with undies and are quite happy in a £6 George tshirt bra, but with my changing shape, trying to get a nice fit was proving impossible just reducing back sizes. I had got to the point where I couldn't fit my boobs in a smaller top because of gape but my bottom half is still reducing, and anything other than a balcony bra resulted in "spillage". I told all this to the lovely lady who fitted me - she said this is so common it's untrue, and it's because I'm probably way off the right size.

Boy, was she right - I started off last year in a 42DD and have been reducing the back size to now be wearing a 36DD. My correct size is 34FF. I was absolutely astonished to be in such a different size, but what a difference it makes to my shape, and I find I couldn't get into a smaller top because my boobs were in the wrong place! Amazing that in 5 months I've gone down 4 dress sizes but up 3 cup sizes! Well worth going to get properly fitted :)

Wow! This sounds like something that could of happened to me!! I know I've gone down from 40 to 34 but I was an E and now I feel like I need an F! I keep putting bra fittings off too lol think I will have to follow in ur footsteps and get it done! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Proper bra fittings always help. Sadly I can't actually wear the right size for me as the side wire is too long and digs in :(

Yes it's so important to have a correct fitting bra! I read a statistic somewhere that a massive % of women in the UK wear the wrong size bra. The right size bra can massive reduce back problems, help posture and of course stop your boobs from heading south in later life. My mum always taught me to get measured properly as you can tell haha!

I find M&S best, and also they do a cheaper range of bras where you can get 2 for around £16, in a whole range of sizes :)

Just as an aside, M&S told me I was a 40DD, I'm actually a 34FF :eek:

Back