The Diet Diary

Would it perhaps help to choose a plan that's a wee bit less strict? I'm not counting calories but simply trying to consume more fresh fruit and veg along with limiting "treats". I guess it's whatever works best for you but if you're having false starts then it might be an idea to re-think your plan to get something that works for you and you're able to stick to.

How did the gym go? I thought about joining initially last year, but haven't worked up the courage just yet!

I had to give up on myfitnesspal when they decided not to make a version of the ap for Windows phones. Good going on getting to the gym and don't worry what you look like on the machines. Everyone has to start somewhere ;).

That's the scary part, isn't it, Annie - how long this is all going to take? Have you got a specific target date or is it more of a it'll take as long as it takes thing?

I totally get what you're saying, Annie - I had a wedding to attend which I wanted to have slimmed down for - it just didn't seem to happen. Like you, I kind of hoped if I didn't think about it, it would sort itself out.

I think what really kicked me up the bum to get moving this time was a photo I saw myself in. I was in the background of someone else's photo and I looked huge. That was my jolt to reality to get going.

But just think of next year...

I actually took a photo of my plane seat belt this year - because next year it's going to have lots of room...such a saddo!

Here to follow and wishing you lots of luck!

I used to go to the gym quite regularly but I'm afraid to say I couldn't honestly say I'd enjoyed it. It was always the swim afterwards I looked forward to. I imagine its not impossible to enjoy gyming it though, people like lots of weird things after all. :D

Even though I've always been overweight, when I was in school, I loved PE - probably the only girl in the school to do so. I had a go at all the sports (enjoyed most of them) and athletics (my favourite events were discus, 100m and 800m). I played for the school in quite a few sports.We went to the gym one term, I really enjoyed it. I preferred the cardio to the weights but enjoyed the whole thing.

Even though I've always been overweight, when I was in school, I loved PE - probably the only girl in the school to do so. I had a go at all the sports (enjoyed most of them) and athletics (my favourite events were discus, 100m and 800m). I played for the school in quite a few sports.We went to the gym one term, I really enjoyed it. I preferred the cardio to the weights but enjoyed the whole thing.

I was the same in school with PE funnily enough, I loved swimming, basketball, badminton and football but every year our school made us do three lessons of dance which I always skived off somehow. :whistle:

Back