• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

The Diets That Time Forgot

KD

Gone fishing
Did anyone watch this? I've been on the road tonight, but recorded it and just starting to watching. Reckon this is going to be really good.:cool:

The Diets That Time Forgot
Tuesday 18 March
9:00pm - 10:00pm
Channel 4
1/6

Nine volunteers are subjected to archaic nutritional indignities in the opening episode of this enjoyably silly, six-part self-improvement series. With a premise hinged, precariously, on the idea that our late-19th- and early-20thcentury forebears were thinner than we are, it stifles a snigger as it unveils the eccentric diets that its pudgy subjects will endure during their 24-day stint at the "Institute of Physical Culture" mansion. Among the old-time treats awaiting these wary diners are semi-plucked Victorian pheasants, stewed cucumber, and stentorian supervisor Sir Roy Strong, a wonderfully prickly toff in tweed plus fours whose palpable disgust for his charges' lethargy ("I am repelled by what I see") suggests their experience will be as tense as it is unpalatable.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

KD

Gone fishing
Oh...I thought that was brill!

Like a old fashioned Biggest Loser. Can't wait until next week :clap:

hollycat

To infinity and beyond!
I thought it was great too.

Looks like Nikki - the trucker from Hull :D is the one who walks out next week.

KD

Gone fishing
Oh... Glad other people watched it too :clap:

Looks like Nikki - the trucker from Hull :D is the one who walks out next week.
Yes, it does look like that :( Shame as I think she's the most interesting (at the moment anyway)

Oh man - this is what happens when you go see terrible films in the cinema. I'm gunna have to look for a repeat now.

Sounds very interesting though xxx

I didn't fancy it ... there are so many programmes now about novel (usually gruelling) ways of teaching fatties a lesson that I see them advertised now and think 'here we go - another subliminal fat-bashing prog'.

KD

Gone fishing
I didn't fancy it ... there are so many programmes now about novel (usually gruelling) ways of teaching fatties a lesson that I see them advertised now and think 'here we go - another subliminal fat-bashing prog'.
I know what you mean, and I must admit that I don't like that side of it at all. Really annoys me. But it was interesting to see how the 3 teams compared with their weightloss.

Each team is on a different diet. One is rather like Atkins, one on the chew-chew diet and the last team calorie counting (1200 cals a day)

It was interesting to note that in one team a guy lost 12lbs(?) in the 4 days, whilst another member only lost 1. I think they were eating the same???

hollycat

To infinity and beyond!
It was interesting to note that in one team a guy lost 12lbs(?) in the 4 days, whilst another member only lost 1. I think they were eating the same???
I thought that. perhaps they had a secret stash in their suitcase :rolleyes:

I really enjoyed it too - definitely gonna keep on watching it! The difference with the weightloss within the different groups even was shocking enough! And oh, I LOVE the costumes!