The Diets That Time Forgot

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV' started by KD, 18 March 2008 Social URL.

1. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Did anyone watch this? I've been on the road tonight, but recorded it and just starting to watching. Reckon this is going to be really good.:cool:

The Diets That Time Forgot
    Tuesday 18 March
    9:00pm - 10:00pm
    Channel 4
    1/6

Nine volunteers are subjected to archaic nutritional indignities in the opening episode of this enjoyably silly, six-part self-improvement series. With a premise hinged, precariously, on the idea that our late-19th- and early-20thcentury forebears were thinner than we are, it stifles a snigger as it unveils the eccentric diets that its pudgy subjects will endure during their 24-day stint at the "Institute of Physical Culture" mansion. Among the old-time treats awaiting these wary diners are semi-plucked Victorian pheasants, stewed cucumber, and stentorian supervisor Sir Roy Strong, a wonderfully prickly toff in tweed plus fours whose palpable disgust for his charges' lethargy ("I am repelled by what I see") suggests their experience will be as tense as it is unpalatable.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Oh...I thought that was brill!

Like a old fashioned Biggest Loser. Can't wait until next week :clap:

4. hollycat

hollycat To infinity and beyond!

Start Weight:
    23st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st7.5lb(32.07%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    I thought it was great too.

Looks like Nikki - the trucker from Hull :D is the one who walks out next week.

5. Eclipse

Eclipse Gold Member

Must admit I enjoyed it too, its nice to have a abit of a "twist" on an old theme x

6. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Oh... Glad other people watched it too :clap:

Yes, it does look like that :( Shame as I think she's the most interesting (at the moment anyway)

7. blue_grapefruit

blue_grapefruit Gold Member

Oh man - this is what happens when you go see terrible films in the cinema. I'm gunna have to look for a repeat now.

Sounds very interesting though xxx

8. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    I didn't fancy it ... there are so many programmes now about novel (usually gruelling) ways of teaching fatties a lesson that I see them advertised now and think 'here we go - another subliminal fat-bashing prog'.

9. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    I know what you mean, and I must admit that I don't like that side of it at all. Really annoys me. But it was interesting to see how the 3 teams compared with their weightloss.

Each team is on a different diet. One is rather like Atkins, one on the chew-chew diet and the last team calorie counting (1200 cals a day)

It was interesting to note that in one team a guy lost 12lbs(?) in the 4 days, whilst another member only lost 1. I think they were eating the same???

10. hollycat

hollycat To infinity and beyond!

Start Weight:
    23st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st7.5lb(32.07%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    I thought that. perhaps they had a secret stash in their suitcase :rolleyes:

11. PrincessSmiles

PrincessSmiles Full Member

Diet:
    Weight watchers
    I really enjoyed it too - definitely gonna keep on watching it! The difference with the weightloss within the different groups even was shocking enough! And oh, I LOVE the costumes!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.