The Spoon and Me -- Bronski's Diary

heartbeats: Thanks babe :) I'm really, really hoping for a loss this week, I actually feel like I've worked hard for it, so I'll be a bit miffed if it's another STS!

-------------------------------

Today's finished perfectly again. I even turned down cake at Guides, which I'm very happy about! Last time there was cake, the girls practically forced it down me, so to stand firm and say no was a big thing for me.

I think my fav thing from today has been the fat free vegan pancakes I had for lunch. They don't taste like they're mega fat free, though they taste slightly different to the original recipe. It's been good having a variety of things on a lunch time, hopefully the difference in routine will help too.

Thank you everyone for stopping in. This has really helped to keep me on the right track again :)

Bron

Your diary's a great read, Bron. I stand in awe of your exercising endeavours - you must be a bundle of pure energy! Sounds like you've got the weight demons well and truly conquered.

As for resisting cake... that's medal-worthy. I was visiting a relative in hospital lately and there's a load of lovely old folks on the same ward who always have loads of treats and a determination to feed them to me! I felt awful about refusing a stonking great piece of shortbread from a particularly sweet old guy... tried to explain that I had a problem with sweet things but he reckoned I needed fattening up! Isn't it strange when the addiction no longer shows on the surface? Can make me feel like a bit of fraud in some ways, like I'm hiding the real me under a 'normal' exterior. I guess it just takes time for the mind to adjust.

Well done again on your loss and the fabulous fitness regime! :)

Frijj: Time was just over 57 minutes. I've run worse, but I've also run better. I'm still kind of recovering from America, getting the speed up again takes - it transpires - a long time :sigh: Still, I was pretty pleased with the outcome :) Bron

Sounds impressive to me hun. Reckon that'll be my time for the 5k!! :8855:

Good luck for weigh in tomorrow. x x

Iris: Thanks for visiting sweetheart! Heh, believe me, the exercise endevours have really taken their tole, after doing the capoeira yesterday I ran today like John Wayne!! But I quite enjoy the moving, it definitely wakes me up in a morning :D Oh now turning down treats from old people... that's even harder, I totally admire that! I know what you mean about the mind readjusting, I sometimes feel like a fraud too if I eat cake in public. I'm sure we'll change that mindset though :)

Frijj: Haha, oh bless ya Frijj! I doubt it, even if you run it slow and walk in parts you'll be way on the bottom end of sub-40 minutes. How are you planning to do it? And when is it? Good luck for it, RFL was how I got into running :) It'll be half marathons before you know it!! Good luck for tomorrow too!

-------------------------------------

Yesterday, after doing capoeira, my brother asked if I could feel the burn. I'd been really cocky and said that I no longer ache after a workout, because I do a lot of exercise anyway. So wish I hadn't have said that now, because when I woke up this morning, my legs and backside *killed!* Went for the run, and limped the entire 7 miles! Think it helped to stretch out the muscles, but I didn't feel the benefit until about... half a mile towards the end!! Moving still hurts, so probably won't be running the 9 miles tomorrow, that I might have to save for Saturday. Instead I'm going to run a couple of errands on OH's borrowed bike, then return it to him and walk home. So that should cover about 5/6 miles without too much pressure on the body. Sunday's going to have to be a rest day, have another Champagne League race on tuesday, don't want to be out of shape for that!

Food's been fine. Had a little extra palmful of cereal at breakfast that I probably shouldn't have touched, but apart from that I hit target.

I'm really nervous about tomorrow... I've worked hard, so I just don't think I can bare to see the scale STS or go up. It would be such a bitter blow. The big thing not on my side is that TOM is over a week early, so that might mess things up. Of all the days, eh :rolleyes:

Aside from the weigh in, biggest challenge tomorrow is not binging out on what was formally known as Fat Friday. I'm allowing myself one treat from the America box, but that's it. I might take it out tonight and close the box so I won't be tempted...

Good to all the Friday girls!

Bron

wow your plan sounds great! I'm sure you will have a loss this week, oh yeah what does capoeira mean sorry just havent a clue!! :(

Clarri: Awww bless ya, thank you :) I've quite enjoyed doing some different things, but I sometimes have to really push myself to go out, especially in a morning :rolleyes: I do enjoy it though, have a smashing weekend too!

Georgie: Cheers babe! :D Capoeira is a martial arts/dance game, it's basically going to strike your opponant, but your opponant will always dodge. The aim isn't to actually land any blows. YouTube will probably explain it better. Though bare in mind I don't do the back flips :D

--------------------------

I bring good news!! First off, I lost 2 kilos this week, so I'm totally squatter free :D :D :D And Friday has thus far been binge free. I've had a couple of things not on the adgenda, but I'm still going to be sub 1500 I reckon. The big thing though is that I haven't grazed out of my America box, which I'm very happy about.

Legs still ache from capoeira so not in a hurry at the moment to do it again, not with a race coming up and the need to train for the Humber Half. Found a wicked race I want to do, it's a half marathon in London, and live music is played all the way round the circuit, how cool is that!! It's £40 entry, and a minimum £400 to raise if I go through Cancer Research UK though...

TGIF everyone!

Bron

Frijj: Haha, oh bless ya Frijj! I doubt it, even if you run it slow and walk in parts you'll be way on the bottom end of sub-40 minutes. How are you planning to do it? And when is it? Good luck for it, RFL was how I got into running :) It'll be half marathons before you know it!! Good luck for tomorrow too!Bron

Haha bless you more like. Let's not get carried away!! :eek: I run, really, really slowly as I've not been doing it long. My race isn't till 12th July though so I've still got a few weeks training. The furthest I've run so far was 3.5k and that was in 29mins! I'm not aiming for speed though I'd just be really proud if I could run the whole 5k. That would be quite an achievement.

Well done on the weight loss this week. That's a brilliant loss.

Capoeira? Wow some of those guys can move. How did your brother get into that? Has he done classes? x

Thanks Jools :)

First race always aim to complete. And whatever happens, you'll set a personal best :D Since it's July, make sure you take a water bottle with you. I've been told off for being too reliant on mine, but I wouldn't leave without it!

Heh, my brother got into it playing a video game, Tekken 5 :rolleyes: There's a character that does it - pretty, skinny and blonde, which is why he noticed her - and bought books on it. He can't do the backflips either, we're still beginners throwing kicks in the backgarden and trying to do cartwheels! We both trained in judo, so we've got the martial arts background and the kind of respect for each other you only see in martial artists.

Bron

Happy Sunday :)

Silence: Thanks babe! :) Enjoy what's left of the weekend and have a great monday!

--------------------------------

OK, so weekend not been great. Whilst waiting for tea Friday, started eating cereal from the box while on the phone to my mate. Oops! Yesterday I knew I was having takeaway, so put that into account for the start of Saturday, which was good. But then tea was pizza, chips and garlic bread, with a glass of wine after. The only good thing about it was that I didn't have cheese :rolleyes: Big saving, Bron!!

Today had nothing really bad, just lots of things. Had stayed at OH's, which was partly why things were so off. Then after a 2 and half hour dress fitting (spent entirely on my feet - ouch!) just couldn't be bothered to cook, so had leftover roasted veg from family's tea. Not bad, just oily...

Tomorrow's a new day though, and the rest of the week will be absolutely spot on. Starting now, as I've just turned down a serving of spotted dick ;)

Bron

well done on the spotted dick!! (ooer missus!!)

Thanks for the advice on my diary re my knee. am a but annoyed as i really wanted to schedule some excercise in tghis week with my big new restart. It does feel a bit better this morning-wondered if you could suggest anything i could be doing to get me started til its properly better? You do seem to know what you're doing with excercise so any advice would be great!!

Jane: Ahahaha! Cheeky :p Thanks though, I'm a real fan of spotted dick so it was hard to turn it down... And that didn't sound strange at all... :D

No prob, babe! Aww bless ya, I'm flattered you think my knowledge of exercise is so good :) Glad your knee's doing a bit better, though it's a bugger when an injury holds back a planned week of exercise. It'll depend on where the pain is on the knee and when the pain comes on most, so you'll know better than anyone what you feel up for. You want something very low or no impact, like swimming. An exercise strider/ski machine, light walking or cycling are also good, but a more strenuous on the joints than swimming. If it's really painful, then working out the top half of your body will get a workout in while your knee rests, like bench presses or other pieces of gym equpiment that focuses on the upper body.

Hope that helps :)

------------------------

And we're back on track! Got the day counted out and have already been on the exercise machine for an hour. I'd had a pain in my leg, which really made the run hard on Saturday. The machine took a lot of strain of the area, so it didn't hurt at all. Just need it to be OK tomorrow for the race.

Bron

Thanks so much for the advice Bron, am thinking a bit of walking and maybe some sit ups to start me off. The pain seems to be subsiding so fingers crossed.
glad you had a good day-me too for a change

Georgie: Thanks babe! Keeping fingers crossed at this end too :) Would be nice to have a good race this week, especially as the next one is nearly 8 and half miles long :eek: Yikes!

Silence: A very good day, thanks! Hope you're doing OK :)

Jane: No prob, babe! Sit ups will be great, when I do mine on a night, I perch right on the edge of my bed, feet flat on the floor. Otherwise it kills the base of my spine. Hope the walking goes well, let us know how you get on :) Glad you've had a good start to the week too!

Clarri: Hiya! Had a lovely day, thanks! Hope your headache's eased off some :)

--------------------------------

Today's been great! My biggest "failure" is that I assumed the soy milk I got had the same kcals as the last one. It has over twice as much :eek: So I've not been perfect today. Didn't have one of the planned Snack a Jacks, so was 51 kcals down, which will help balance it out a little. Ish...

Made popcorn today :D One of my low fat cookbooks suggested popcorn and some kind of syrup for breakfast, so might try that with some dried fruit. Just worried it won't fill up as much or as long as porridge. Will try it and see.

Sleep well, everyone! And thank you all for visiting :)

Bron

Back