The Spoon and Me -- Bronski's Diary

Chloe: Thanks, babe :D I appreciate that!

--------------------------

Two wonderful things have happened today!! First off, I'm insured on a car!! OK, it's a Volvo, but now I can share driving with my OH :D So happy!

Second wonderful thing, I've been sent pictures of my bouquet! Check it:

20590-albums1410-picture8403.jpg

So far, so good today. Leg's hurting a bit, so not expecting great things from race. Don't think I'll see great things until Autumn, I'm not a summer runner.

Bron

Last edited:
Lovely bouquet hun, very different, and my fav colour!!

Sorry your leg's giving you trouble. When is the race? Will you be ok by then? x x

Jools: Thanks babe! Purple's one of my favs too :) Purple, blue and black :D The Champagne League race was tonight, but the big thing is the Humber Half Marathon, which is about a week and a half away. CL was OK, did an alright time, though used up most of my energy in the first four miles :rolleyes: Whoops!

Clarri: Thanks babe, I love it so much! I'm thrilled with it, it's better than I could have imagined. And thank you for the encouragement too :)

-----------------------------------

Race went OK, though leg was really painful after. Hayfever played up as well, I'm not made for summer running, especially not XC :rolleyes: Despite struggling with the XC a little, I'm still aiming for big things next year; mountains and marathons. Going to do my first marathon and start fell running next year :D I'm pretty excited! Get the Humber Half out the way, and start thinking about going longer distances.

The day's gone pretty well. I've been a bit naughty though, and occasionally had a sneaky dried date or dried apple ring. But I don't think I'll have broken the calorie bank, I've made up for it in other ways by making sensible replacements (100g of peas (49kcals) instead of 80g sweetcorn (83kcals) for example.)

Tomorrow will be awesome, I've decided. Going rollerblading in the afternoon, that'll keep me amused :D

Bron

Oh my god, if I had eaten a date or apple ring as "overeating" I would be delighted with myself!!!!! Anyway, meant to ask, any chance you could put some of your illustrations in your album. I am fascinated by illustrations.
Have a fandabbydoozy day lovely lovely lady. xxxx

Clarri: Heh, now you've made me sound dramatic :D I know I could have done much worse, but I think it's the implications of the snacking; I was eating 'cos it was there. No prob with the illustrations, consider it done! Uploading pics as we speak :D

Jane: Thanks, missus! I am having a pretty good one thanks, how you doing? Had to give rollerblading a miss, leg's been painful. Normally I would have gone regardless, but I promised OH I wouldn't :rolleyes: Maybe some weights later.

--------------------------------

As I've just said, giving rollerblading a miss today, as my leg's really painful after the run. A bit miffed about this, as not only am I not getting in the exercise, but I can't put down anything for the distance challenge. Bah! So instead of run tomorrow, going for a swim, and then going on the exercise machine again Friday.

Food today gone great so far, having the most wonderful lunch; baked bbq lentils, with mashed butternutsquash and peas. So very tasty! Thank you Fat Free Vegan :D

Better get on with some work, been doing wedding and cooking things this morning and afternoon, so time to hit the drawing board for the first time today :rolleyes:

Bron

Hey hun, so sorry your leg is giving you trouble. Swimming is def a good idea tomorrow I think. Have you pulled/strained something or is it just muscle ache pain?

The bbq lentils sound interesting, I love lentils.

Just off to check out your drawings now.

Hope you have a good evening. x x

Jools: I'm not sure what I did to my leg, it's been a bit buggy since last tuesday. It came on during the last stretch of the run, think it was the different terrain, the longer length and the 10mile bike ride earlier in the day :rolleyes: The swim will do it good I think, and I've not been swimming for a while so it'll make a nice change.

Jane: Glad you liked the pics :D My fav on that picture is the Rose from Titanic Santa (top right) I wanted to make it into a Christmas card last year!

-------------------------

Another pretty good day. Still need to sit on my hands for some things. Had a mouthful of banana-peach crumble my step mum made, which was ultimate in naughty today. Again, I don't think I'm breaking the calorie bank, but I need to stop this picking at things!

Definitely swimming tomorrow, probably before lunch. Will have to time it well so I can fit work and other things in too, and not end up starving at 3.30 when the bus drops me home.

I know I'll be super good tomorrow. Weigh day friday, so thursday has to be perfect :D

Thanks for popping in guys!

Bron

Wow Bron, your illustrations are amazing!
I love the Nain rouge ones!!!

Gemma: Thanks missus :D I'm quite fond of the Nain Rouge ones, especially the flying books ones. Some of the Denver Penny ones I'm growing fond of too, the pennies are different to any other characters I've worked with, it's nice to see what can be done with them.

-------------------------------------

Well, I've had a massive downer and a massive, massive boost in the last 12 hours. Found out last night the Humber Half is this weekend, not next. Problem is, hen night is this weekend, and I can't leave 7/8 guests, 4 of which have dress fittings that Sunday along with one of my little ones. I'm not really ready either, what with leg still sore. Sadly, I'm going to have to cancel that, which I'm absolutely mortified about :(

BUT... butbutbut... got a phone call out the blue on the bus home from swimming from Kerrang radio. After applying for every competition going under the sun for them, I've won 2 free tickets to see White Lies perform at the studio :D :D :D I am so so so overjoyed!!!! I can't wait :D :D :D

Bron

wow, i dont think i know anyone who's ever won one of those competitions, hence i never enter. Ian found some tickets for skunk anansie once, but want with his mates- cant rememeber why i couldnt go- was possibly preggers, or Liv had already joined us!!
sorry you have to miss your running tho, still you can be even better prepared for next year eh?

Me neither, I've certainly never won anything through entering on radio before! So happy, I can't wait :D :D

I was thinking about entering Run to the Beat to make myself feel better about missing Humber Half. It's a lot to enter though, £40. And I can only enter via a charity now, most of which want £350+ sponsorship raising :eek: I reckon it's doable though!

Bron

wow I love your illustrations! I dont ever win competions either not ones where you win a good prize, sorry to see that you couldnt make it for the run, maybe you could search the internet for other running events?

Fantastic news about the White Lies tickets hunni. :D

Good luck for weigh in tomorrow. x x

Georgie: Thanks babe :) Hehe, I'd say likewise with the competitions until now! I can't wait! :D I've been looking at Run to the Beat, it's just a lot of money to raise if I go through a charity...

Jane: :D :D Hen night is a meal out at Hitchcocks (veggie restaurant, very highly acclaimed) then cocktails at the cocktail bar. I've taken a Belgian tradition into it all, and I'm carrying an umbrella with knickers hanging off, and seeing if I can swap sweets for shots :D We're also wearing customised granny bloomers and giant bras (which may be stuffed with goods!)

Jools: I know!! :D So happy!! Good luck to you too, lovely!

----------------------------

Woo! Thanks for all the visits, guys! :D

Today's gone pretty good. Went for that swim earlier, did an hour in the pool then about 10-20 minutes in the steam room. Food's gone well, a good 95% Quite nervous about tomorrow (nothing new there :rolleyes: ) if I could get a STS then I'd be happy.

Got some hurdles coming up; hen night this weekend, vegan soc night out and a wedding next weekend. They're all quite difficult eating occasions, but I'm sure it'll be all right. It'll balance out if I continue the work I've been doing the rest of the days.

TGIF everyone!

Bron

Your hen night sounds amazing fun! Any chance to wear an oversized bra and granny pants! lol

Bad news about the run, it's definitely worth googling about for different ones to participate in. I know that's definitely something I intend to do when I get home, start off with all those race for lifes and then start hitting the big ones. They do huge race weekends over here at DisneyWorld too that I plan on coming back to, if anything for the princess medal you get at the end, it has pink diamantes on it! lol

Back