The Spoon and Me -- Bronski's Diary

ahhhh Bron, you looked an absolute radiant picture on your big day!

Don't sweat any recent dietary blips, you're in the driving seat and your fab running habit is going to keep the weight off, brownie bowl or no brownie bowl!

Love the pics bron, you looked gorgeous and the wedding dress was really lovely :D

Hiya hun. Are you back? How was Guide camp? x :)

Silence: Thank you sweets :)

Jools: Thanks for keeping a check on me :D Guide camp was wicked, kinda wished I'd stayed a bit longer now!

Iris: Thanks for visiting :) And thanks for the encouragement, I've had a whole dietry explosion, really, but with any luck I'll get back on track soon, though it's not the first time I've said that :rolleyes:

Ellie: Thanks chick :D I'm so happy with the dress, it's so special to have it hand made by my MIL as well!

---------------------------------------------

Hubs and I signed up with the local doctors. And as part of the form we had to put a weight. So hubs encouraged me to get weighed. Current weight: 65.5kgs. I knew I'd put on a lot, and for all that I didn't get upset and hysterical, which I would have done in the past, I do feel a deep and heavy sadness. This is the heaviest I've been in about a year and half, I worked so hard for it, and I've ruined it for momentary treats and pleasures that lasted just seconds on the taste buds (what's the old saying? A moment on the lips a lifetime on the hips...?) I've ruined everything, and deep down I am so very, very ashamed.

Even worse, when I really want to make the effort again, I've got a three week long trip away coming up. Tomorrow we set off for Belgium, then straight after we're going to Bristol and Wales. At least the last fortnight will be a hill walking holiday with lots of XC and fell running, but even that in the past hasn't helped me maintain a steady weight.

And once again, I'm visiting after making three cakes, and eating some of each mixture.

But enough winging and self pitying. I don't need to sit here and whine and ask for sympathy because I don't deserve it. I need someone to hit me with a big stick and tell me to stop being such a lazy, fat loaf and get on with losing this weight.

I can come with some good news though; my registration's through for Run to the Beat! I'm doing the best half marathon ever in London in September :D :D :D That's made me happy, and encouraged me to run longer distances again. Did 9 miles the other day, which was great apart from the rabid dogs en route (OK they weren't, but have developed a strong fear of dogs recently...) So have updated my ticker, and will put a sponsor link up soon. I have to raise £250 for Helen and Douglas House (a children's hospice) so I'll probably be adding everyone I know on Facebook to a group :D

Like I said, going away on honeymoon tomorrow!! Probably won't get in to say goodbye (haven't even packed yet!) but might have time to post the above link. If not, then have a great start to the summer hols, and I'll see you in August :)

Bron

hi ! ive just come bk from the isle of wight.

have a good time on the honeymoon!! I'm sure you will come bk feeling refreshed, I certainly have, I feel more motivated to do more instead of feeling sorry for myself, ive decided to try and do more excersise again and hopefully master running like you :)

Hope you're having a wonderful time. Don't beat yourself up over your gain, it'll be off again in no time once you're back home & in a normal routine. Enjoy your time away. x x :D

Hope you're having a fab time.
Let me know where/how I can sponsor you when the time comes.
Hugs

hey babes. have a fabulous time and worry about the weight afterwards.... i'm back and i'm much heavier than i would have wanted, but you only go on your honeymoon once and you should enjoy it!!

abz xx

Hope you're having a ball. x x :D

hey babes, hope you are having a fab time , dont worry too much about the gain. i have been up and down so many times i feel like a bungee jumper!

I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAA-AAAAAAAAAAAACK :D :D :D

Clarri: Aww thanks babe, that does mean a lot :) You're right, the memories from honeymoon will be there forever. So what if I had a waffle too many and a brownie a day, I can change that now!

Georgiestar: Thanks babe, had a wonderful time on honeymoon, and a nice time with the inlaws. Sounds like you had a brill time on the Isle too! Definitely take up running, it's fantastic, cheap and makes you feel ace!

Heartbeats: Thanks babe :D

Jools: Thanks sweetheart! Hopefully over the next few days I will get into a more stable routine. I've resolved not to bake until hubby's birthday, so I'm less tempted to eat cake until then!

Gemma: Had such a wonderful time! Belgium was stunning the whole time, and it was just fantastic to have the house to ourselves for the first time. I'll post the link below, thanks for offering to sponsor, it means a lot to me :)

Abz: Now then fellow newlywed!! Ah, like Clarri said, we only get one honeymoon, so a little gainage is a sign of enjoyment! We can work hard now at repairing the damage...

Jane: I think I'm more like a space shuttle at the moment; up and up and up and up is where I am at the moment. Hopefully Houston will call me in to land, so long as I don't crash and burn :rolleyes:

-------------------------------------------------

Well, Belgium was fantastic! Absolutely wonderful!! It's the first time I've stayed at the house there without my dad, so it was ace to have the place just to hubs and me. In fact, having a place just to hubs and me was a blessing in itself.

Wales was... it was nice, but my inlaws drove me *insane!* My sisters in law (of which I have two) I think I learnt more about and grew closer to, but my mother and father in law frustrated me, though they seemed generally in a foul mood because their young granddaughter - our niece - is going through the terrible two year old tantrum stage, so we had screaming fits about eating, putting clothes on, taking clothes off, sweets, walking, going to bed... she's adoreable, don't get me wrong, but such hard work!! So I think my parents-in-law found it difficult, especially as we don't see them often.

Food wise it all definitely went to pot. Baked a lush vegan brownie in Wales and had some of it at least once a day. On the plus side, I did plenty of mountain walking, some XC running (though not as much as I'd planned; first run we ran up my first hill through overgrown nettle bushes, second run was through more nettles and through a field of bullocks, who were not happy with us being there at all!!) and dancing and playing with nieceling.

So, here I am slowly getting back into the swing. About to go for a run before it gets too dark, especially as part of the route doesn't have any street lights. Not had any chocolate today, which I haven't done for the first time in two weeks. Generally eaten better, and probably less. Going to take it easy the next couple of days just to settle, then I'm really going guns blazing.

Oo, sponsorship page for RTTB!! Just click here!! Thanks in advance to those who do :)

Peace out!

Bron

Good to see you back and sounds like you had a (mostly) fab time!! Kids can be hard work, i have 2 of my own who can be 'lively' but omg the 3 year old daughter o the couple we went on holiday with did my head in, response to anything she didnt like was this high pitched squeal!!! you have my sympathy

Hope the run was good, and tho we all want to be healthy slimline versions of ourselves, we all have to have a life too, so dont worry too much honeybunch!!

You say you need a kick up backside... But it sounds like you are already so motivated already.. all that running, you go girl! :D And so what is a bit of chocolate here and there.... You'll keep losing I'm sure of it, no worries.

Jane: Yup, I think some girls can just hit that phase. It's up to the parents as well, from what I read about you and your girls in your diary a moment ago you brought them up really well. While I approve a lot of what my SIL does with our niece, she lets her get away with these screaming hissy fits far too often. Just my thoughts, and I can't really say too much having not had my own kids.

Aww bless you thank you :) Trying not to worry too much, especially not trying to worry too much about the pizza tonight, but it's a shock to remember that it doesn't come off over night and you actually have to work at it. Will get there though :)

Ellie: Hehe, bless ya thank you for your encouragement :) I could still do with a bit of a boot, but once things have settled again and I do some more running things may level out again.

-----------------------------------------------------

Last few days, while not perfect by any stretch, are a massive improvement on the holiday just gone. I've made an effort not to snack (and when I have, it's been planned or eating what I didn't at lunch) and am now free of cakey things. Thursday and Friday I finished off the brownies I made, and Thursday I made an effort not to snack so that I could have it after tea, which made it a good incentive and helped create a balance.

Today had more snacks than planned, but compared to the biscuits, brownies and cake I'd had on holiday, the dried fruit and cereal was virtuous in comparision! Had take out tonight, shared a bag of chips with hubs and had a whole pizza. Don't feel so guilty about clearing off pizzas now as cheese free pizzas probably aren't so calorific :D Had onions, mushrooms and peppers on, so divine!

Hubs and I have volunteered at the local animal shelter, so we've got something to do in the week while we job hunt. We'll be biking to and from as well, then walking around the cattery all morning, so it'll be a little extra movement too.

Will probably go running tomorrow, as we're at the shelter monday. 'Cos we're house sitting for my other SIL (no kids, just a cat, and a three legged one at that) so I can use some of my old running routes :D I love love love running round Hull!! Less dogs too.

Well, going to bite the bullet and change some of my signature...

Peace out!

Bron

Wotcha :)

So far things are going OK. The eating's been a lot better, not had real chocolate for nearly a week (had a raw cocoa bar today in town at lunch, but it's all healthy stuff :) ) Meant to go running today, but was a bit strapped for time. Plus it's given me chance to wear in my new road shoes!!! Courtesy of my daddy-in-law! So run tomorrow after the cattery.

Hubs and I did our first day at the animal shelter yesterday. The cats were so lovely! And because we were there as staff, effectively, we could see behind the scenes cats, like the pure bred Russian blue, the sick but recovering ones and (best of all) the nursing mothers and their teensy tiny babies!! :D :D

As well as cuddling all the kitties, hubs and I did a lot of the hard labour part, shifting 7kg bags of cat food and 30litre bags of kitty litter from the main building to the storage shed. Plus plenty of walking up and down the corridor changing litter trays and topping up food and water. So tired afterwards though.

We're in again tomorrow, and so long as I'm not too flaked out I'll be going for a run in my new shoes tomorrow!

Peace out!

Bron

Aw top girl helping out at cattery. think animal sehlters do a fantastic jobs and so do all the staff and helpers. Our lovely Nina is a rescue cat, and our previous one Muffin, was from the blue cross. I like some pedegree cats but give me a moggy any day!!

hope you get your run!!

Jane: Thanks babe :) I love working there, I feel good for leaving the house, fitter for running back and forth with dirty litter trays and warmer inside for sitting and cuddling the cats :D Aww moggies are the best! The two we got when I was little were black moggies, they were fab. The one we have left (her bro was put down last year) is still so loveable and energetic!

Clarri: The avoiding chocolate hasn't been so hard at the moment, because there's none in :D If I don't buy it, I can't eat it!! Hehe! I'm not too bad at abstaining, it's when I eat it, actually eat it, that I start going overboard. Still, it helps when there's only a few brands of chocolate you can have :D Though it does mean that when you see vegan chocolate, you end up going "well now, we don't see that every day! Better get some!" Maybe this having no money will help in that department :p

---------------------------------------------

Another day at the cattery! All went well, with plenty of floor sweeping and mopping and trays to clear out. And the occasional kitten to chase when they make a bid for freedom :D I love it, it's wonderful to pass on love to creatures that have been denied it. My favourite pair were used as target practise by youths on one of the estates :( You wouldn't know it though, they are so friendly and affectionate!

OK, enough crazy cat lady :D Food's been OK, I was famished after work. Have eaten a lot of cereal! Though I had some soy bean curd at tea, which was rank so didn't have the protein part of the meal. So guess a little extra of something balances it out.

Spent last night and all day wearing in my new shoes, so going to give it another half an hour or so to let tea settle then am going out for a 7 mile run around. Hopefully it won't be too dark so I can go down the lane. If not, can go round but it's not as nice.

Catch you girls later!

Bron

Back