The Wanderer Returns

Thanks Louisa
I just had a look at your blog: it's very exciting and full of enthusiasm ... I'm sure you'll reach your goals!

2008 seems to be very symbolic for many of us ... a chance to start with a clean slate and reach for the stars!
I've decided not to begin with a huge goal - to eventually get back to where I was this time last year (12st 7lb) would be great and then I can review it from there.

I'm over 18st now so that would be a goal of about 6st - do-able in 6 months. To think I could be in a much happier place by around the end of my second year at Uni (we finish in May). I graduate - hopefully! - in 2009 and want those all-important graduation pics to be ones that I'm proud to put up on the wall and not hide in a drawer.

I'll be following your blog Louisa - well done on such a positive start!

Hi RussianDoll
I was looking at your pictures in the slideshow and was truly amazed by your progress.
In 2006 I went down to 11st 6lbs ( I am 5,7) so I was a comfy size 12. with the start of 2007, I had started my masters through company;s sponsorhip in Project management so it was very stressful studying such a challanging course with full time work. through entire year I have put on 3 stones and I was so gutted , although I was aware that i will because I was eating wrong food and studying most of the time with no excercise of any sort. I am now an uncomfortable size 14. I have no size 16 clothes and I refuse to buy them, hence I squeeze myself into as many 14s as I can. However, from december 07, I started to cut down on carbs and have lost 6lbs and now SSing from Jan the 1st.
Its going pretty well as I am now in ketosis with no sign of hunger and set up a home gym so work out 30 mins a day. Hopefully will be 10 stones this time.
I also have created a spreadheet of my progress with a comment box where I actually write to myself after every sucessful day " well done".
I duno if telling all this help you in anyway in order to kick start that motivation but all I can say is, its not easy but it can be done. I keep teling myself everyday that I only have to do this once...this time, I have a proper plan after the SS phase to how I am going to approach food. As much as I am proud of myself for the record number of exams I took in 2007 ( 8 in a year, more then anyone ever has taken from the company) I am gutted aswell that I didnt look after my body and let those 3 stones crept up.
Now my 2nd phase of study will begin in feb 08, so I want to SS untill then, I hopefully will be on 790 during march.
Goodluck hun and I shall certainly post here if it helps you in anyway.
Regards
S

Hi RD, Lovely to see you back on the boards. Wishing you every success in 2008. Vxx

What a tough 2007 you had Russiandoll, really hope 2008 is better for you. Good luck :)

Back