THINGS TO MAKE IN A BLENDER??

Hi I'm new :)

Does anyone have any yummy recipies for extra easy soups or drinks that can be made in a blender? I have purchased one at the weekend, start slimming world on FRIDAY going to my meeting tomorrow night i'm going to have a chicken korma for tea tonight and then that will be IT good bye bulge hello sexy body :p !

Hi!

Well done for making the step to start Slimming World :) I love it!!

Blenders are brilliant for soups, and incredibly easy - just cook chopped veggies in stock with herbs and spices and then blend! my favourite is sweet potato and sweetcorn soup. The recipe is from an old recipe book but I just tend to chuck everything in now without measuring, and leave out the oil/cream etc to make it free on SW!!

For the sweet potato soup, chop onion and peel and chop a large sweet potato, sweat the onion with some garlic in a bit of frylight (or water, which is what I do), then add in veg or chicken stock, a red chilli and simmer til the sweet potato is soft. Blitz it in the blender til smooth and return to the pan - you can always add more water or stock depending on how thick you like your soup! Over a gentle heat stir in a sliced red pepper and some tinned sweetcorn and warm through. YUM!

Obviously superfree veggies are better in soups for better weight loss - search for superspeed soup and you'll find a recipe on these boards.

Also remember - if you blend fruit, it is no longer free, and you have to syn it.

Hope you find lots of tasty things to make :)

As well as soups I use my blender to make syn free gravy. Cook some carrots, onion, celery and garlic in some stock till everything's soft then blend. The veggies thicken the sauce and you can use it as a gravy. My OH loves it too and can't believe it's diet!

I also use the blender for mixing eggs, cottage cheese and garlic. Pour this over some veggies and cook in the oven for a quiche. You could mix by hand but I find it's tastier with the cottage cheese fully blended in with the eggs

Tomato Soup

This is the one that I make.

Pete’s Tomato Soup

Ingredients

2 Tins of Chopped Tomatoes
1 Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot
1 Teaspoon Tomato Puree
1 Small Onion
1 small carrot
1 piece of celery
Method

Cut up the onion and put into a saucepan after spraying with Fry Light and cook until transparent. Cut up the carrot & Celery into small pieces and add to the pan.

Add the 2 tins of tomatoes and cook for a few minutes then add 1pint of veg. stock made from the Knorr Stock Pot & hot water, also a few drops of Worcester sauce.

Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 30 mins then remove from the heat and using a liquidiser reduce to liquid. Add Seasoning to taste .

Serve in a soup bowls with fresh basil.

You can also allow it to cool and reheated later, as this gives a better fuller flavour.

Back