Thinking of joining slimming world

Gemha

Hi, I am looking at maintaining my current weight loss by joining slimming world and am after advice.

How easy is the programme to follow and to work out syns in food/reciepes?

Any advice on following the programme?

Cheers
Gemma

Hi Gemma, and welcome :D
I'd start off by checking out this thread:
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...d-advice-new-comers-including-extra-easy.html

Also, this month's Slimming World magazine has the usual 7 day menu and loads of yummy recipes. I would advise you to join a group, even if you don't want to stay, for a tenner you'll get all the plan information. It'd cost you a fortune were you to buy it off ebay.
This forum is brilliant for hints and tips. Check out the food diary, recipe and syn values sub forums, they will be invaluable to you. Good luck, whatever you decide.

Hi there!

I would say GO FOR IT!

I love SW...it took me a little while the first time round to get my head around the plan, but after a few days of Food Optimising it is so easy to do. It's even easier now with the Extra Easy plan. You basically have Free foods - foods you can eat freely with no measuring, weighing etc - everything from pasta to rice, bacon to chicken. Then you have healthy extras - which you choose 2 of a day (if you're on Extra Easy) - these give you calcium and fibre. Then anything not included on those two lists are your Syns - if you buy a Directory you don't have to work them out - it's all done for you! There is a Syns Calculator on the SW website too.

Out of all of the diets I have tried, SW has always given me the best results, and the widest choice and variety without the hassle of weighing and measuring.

Hth! x

Thank you, will have a look for local classes. Slightly terrified of eating again!!

Back