Thinking of starting Atkins!

Size 16 Will Do

Silver Member
Hiya everyone

I am no stranger to dieting but don't think I've tried Atkins!!!

I am going to get the book but thought I am as well asking advice from you experts as well.

I know the basics but definately need the book to see the amounts of veg/salad I can have.

What is a normal day of your food. I was thinking: -

Omelete for brekkie

Small salad and tuna or salmon for dinner

Broccolli and chicken for tea

I was gonna ask what do you have for snacks and as a sweet fix?

Is candarel sweeteners allowed?

I have some left over cambridge shakes, can I inlude these ?

What do you use to flavour your food? Mayonnaise?? I love sweet chilli sauce but think this will be a no no....

Thanks in advance for your help x x

Have a good read of the stickies especially "So you are thinking of starting Atkins".
The cambridge shakes will be too high in carbs to include I would think. On induction you will be having 20g carb a day, no more. Most of your carb allowance will need to come from green leafy veg.
Water is very important so drink plenty.
Good to have you with us. Post often and get to know us. :)

Welcome :)

The decision to start Atkins is one you wont regret, as long as you do it properly!

You really do need to get hold of one of the Atkins books & give it a good read, it's really self explanatory :)

There's a thread where people post what they're eating each day.
I agree, green leafy veg & lots of water are must-have's!

I've recently gone back to this way of eating, so nice to have another newbie around :)

Thanks for the replies

Been to Asda, Tesco and WHS for the book but none had it. No wonder people use internet shopping!!!!

Will go on Amazon now and order the book. Still gonna start tomorrow looking to have bacon omelette, chicken salad, then salmon and brocolli tomorrow. Will snack on a bit of cheese till I get the book.

x x

I ordered mine from amazon too. Got it at weekend.
I have sugar free jelly and double cream for a sweet fix! I need it! I've bought loads in.
I also have a little double cream in a coffee or two too!

I maybe having too much cream actually!!!

welcome ........... read the above stickies and await the ketosis fairy !! xx

Hiya again

Ordered my book will be here saturday it said.

I have just checked a label on some sausages and it gives me amounts of carbohydrates and carbs of which sugars??? Do I count the carbohydrates????

Sorry about this, it doesnt say net carbs either.

Just would like to get it right.

Am I right in thinking maybe 20g max per day of carbs as well?

Thanks again and if I know which part of the label I am looking at I can get planning.

x x x

thanks again x x

been reading so you thinking of starting atkins for some tips.

Is candarel tablets ok for my coffee?

And how big is a mug of veg???????

Thanks x x x

stick with Splenda.

Back