Time to change

Swampey

Hi All

Its been years since I used a diet forum, but I think now is the time to as I really need to get my ass in gear and go on a diet that will work.
Over the years I have been fine at 18 stone, it really didn't bother me, as the years passed and my weight increased until I reached 22 stone... until the birth of my daughter when I took the bull by the horns and went on the Cambridge diet for 16 weeks and lost about 10 stone.

All was well besides the loose skin around my waist but I got into a size 36 pair of jeans, something I had not done for over 20 years and an my very first suit I wore at the age of 14 :eek:...
On the other hand the doctors who had *****ed at me for many years about being healthy and a proper weight then took a dim view of the weight loss... came off the diet and only put on 3lbs in 6 months, I was working out...life was happy... due to the amount of weight lost I got sent to one of the local hospitals for cancer checks....:( everything came through clear then Drs still weren't happy and wanted me to increase my weight from 13stone to 15.7stone...16 stone at most...but then I wouldn't me the correct BMI :confused: ...this was only the beginning of a roller coaster of medical treatment,I ended up getting abscess in the roof of my mouth twice within 12 months, had wisdom teeth removed, tonsils removed which lead to a large amounts of steroids and medication.. which ballooned my weight up the scales to 18stone :(... then I proceeded to sustain a back injury at work, which after 15 weeks off work and the advice to go back nothing wrong with me, it reaped its ugly head 12 months down the line,...so after 28 weeks off work and my employers ended my contract which I lost my accommodation .....this back problem still not sorted out but after months of being off and my weight increasing to about 23 stone, I'm effectively back at square one....

My back issue / pain doesn't seem to be getting any better, injections , physio... I'm still in pain sitting and standing...... yet I have more injections to come... but I really need to deal with this weight issue, think the advice was by lightening the my body mass would take the strain off my back ...well I am at the cross roads, its either do it or suffer.... Ive tried most diets and the only ones that seem to work are the liquid diets....no food at all

Hi
Sounds like you've had a lot of bad luck:(
Perhaps starting off with making healthier food choices, or try Slimming World, which is based on healthy eating?
And small amounts of exercise to start?
I always found liquid diets a short term fix and weight goes on quick again once you start eating normally...
I am new to this site too, have a good look round and read up on what others are doing, you might find something you could do that will fit in with your life style
Good luck, and keep persevering, I'm sure you will get where you want to be eventually :)

Hi Zafira

Tried the other diets whilst I've had this back problem for the past 12 months, yet seem to just add weight on.... correct food, small portions...doesn't work so liquid might be the only way forward

Hi Swampey, I must say that I totally agree with what Zafira has said... at some stage you will have to take charge of knowing what's what when it comes to food intake but..having said that .. what suits you is the biggie!
I do so sympathise with you having had so much misfortune and I suffer with a very bad back and am in a lot of pain most days so I do totally understand where you are coming from.
Regarding your goal weight... I am more than a little surprised at the docs telling you to put the weight ON!! However..it does have a bearing on how tall you are but even then 16st is a hell of a lot for any female.
I do hope you manage to get things started whatever you choose and will be interested in seeing how you progress.
Take care and all the very best to you.. :)

Back